Preview Screen Not Displaying Mpeg-2 Video Properly

null@the-bennetts.com

Question

I imported a DVD home video using Videowave as a MPEG-2 video, no issues. However when I use Videowave to edit, the video is displayed as a single 1" wide view in the preview screen. When you view the timeline, the video thumbnail looks fine and the whole screen is displayed. I can view the mpeg video with Windows Media Player, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, and Adobe Premier CS3; all look fine. I would use these other programs to edit, however I'm not as familiar with the commands/functions. I even tried creating with Videowave a new MPEG file to see if it was just a preview display issue, and the new mpeg has the same 1” wide viewing issue. I have 6 videos that are displaying this way in Roxio 2011, and unfortunately I do not have the original DVDs anymore. Can anyone suggest a solution, otherwise I’ll need to use/learn another program. See the attachment for a screen shot of my issue.

post-1517-099576500 1298670796.jpg

5 answers to this question

I imported a DVD home video using Videowave as a MPEG-2 video, no issues. However when I use Videowave to edit, the video is displayed as a single 1" wide view in the preview screen. When you view the timeline, the video thumbnail looks fine and the whole screen is displayed. I can view the mpeg video with Windows Media Player, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, and Adobe Premier CS3; all look fine. I would use these other programs to edit, however I'm not as familiar with the commands/functions. I even tried creating with Videowave a new MPEG file to see if it was just a preview display issue, and the new mpeg has the same 1” wide viewing issue. I have 6 videos that are displaying this way in Roxio 2011, and unfortunately I do not have the original DVDs anymore. Can anyone suggest a solution, otherwise I’ll need to use/learn another program. See the attachment for a screen shot of my issue.

I don't see the screen shot.

You said you imported a home video from a DVD? What application did you use?

I imported a DVD home video using Videowave as a MPEG-2 video, no issues. However when I use Videowave to edit, the video is displayed as a single 1" wide view in the preview screen. When you view the timeline, the video thumbnail looks fine and the whole screen is displayed. I can view the mpeg video with Windows Media Player, Corel VideoStudio Pro X4, and Adobe Premier CS3; all look fine. I would use these other programs to edit, however I'm not as familiar with the commands/functions. I even tried creating with Videowave a new MPEG file to see if it was just a preview display issue, and the new mpeg has the same 1" wide viewing issue. I have 6 videos that are displaying this way in Roxio 2011, and unfortunately I do not have the original DVDs anymore. Can anyone suggest a solution, otherwise I'll need to use/learn another program. See the attachment for a screen shot of my issue.

There is no attachment!

I used the Capture/Import feature within Videowave to create the MPEG video from the DVDs

You might be better off copying the DVD to a folder on your hard drive, open VideoWave, pick your project type, then bring in the .vob files, from the Video_TS folder, with no need to capture at all.

Edit: Oops, I just saw that you don't have the DVDs anymore.

Archived