• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cineplayer

1eye

Question

9 answers to this question

See file attached, for a laugh... :rolleyes::huh:

I seem to be having a bad day. I have been at this since this morning.

I came upon a movie I wanted to watch. Roxio CinePlayer says: "One or more codecs required to play this file is not installed" (this is an ordinary VOB file) "Install the proper codec to play this file."

Looking at Roxio's store I see: CinePlayer® DVD Decoder Pack for Windows XP

* Highest quality DVD playback on a PC

* Industry-leading DVD navigation

* Exceptional CinePlayer picture quality

* MPEG-2 video file support

Play DVDs on your PC with Roxio CinePlayer DVD decoder software. Designed exclusively for Windows Media Player, CinePlayer delivers superior video quality with optimal system performance, featuring full frame rate video with no frame drops - all in amazing clarity and detail.

This package insists I uninstall CinePlayer! I don't feel apprehension: I still have my Creator download. At the same time, I notice they have given me two serials for the Decoder Pack. Checking Paypal I see I have paid for 2. So I send in a trouble ticket and later in the day I have my refund lined up. I check, and see that CinePlayer is nowhere to be found! That's OK somewhere I should have a copy of an upgrade to CinePlayer, since its serial is listed in my Roxio account. I look and discover it has been lost in a disk crash. I find if I could get from Roxio what my order number was, Digital River should have a copy of it. I have just found a very old copy of Winamp Pro that way, so no problem, right? I send in another trouble ticket to Roxio, and the answer comes back:

"Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Care.

After reviewing your notes, I understand that you're inquire for the order number to download the 'Roxio CinePlayer 5.3.'

I surely help you with your issue.

I would like to inform you that the order number '5059412018' for the 'Roxio CinePlayer 5.3' software comes with a time limit to download software from the date of purchase. Your time limit exceeds. as the Download Expires on: 1/15/10 12:57:40 PM

If you still experience issues in accessing the Roxio product, please feel free to contact us and we would be glad to help you.

Sincerely,

Logan

Roxio Customer Care.

http://support.roxio.com

Have you tried our online self service tool?

Knowledgebase-http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx

Discussion Group-http://forums.support.roxio.com/

What's Next?

1. Log into https://selfserve.roxio.com

2. Click on View Your Help Ticket History.

3. Click on your ticket number to view the response and update.

Regards,

Roxio Customer Support"

Sooooo, I give up? Well, I haven't tried the handy dandy service pack2 yet! I try it, and it tells me I haven't got Media Creator installed! How can this be? In my spare time I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole thing to get a restored CinePlayer. Well, now I am really stumped. I can't install the Decoder Pack because it uninstalls CinePlayer. I still can't run my video on the one that comes with Creator. I can't run the Service Pack 2 because it seems to think I don't even own Creator. I actually have paid for the 2010 package three times, according to my account, but I only can find one of the downloads. And I am not allowed to redownload 5.3 because it's too late by over a year.

Where does that leave me? Paying another 30 bucks for an upgrade? Sounds to me like throwing good money after bad, if I can't redownload the one I already paid for.

All I wanted to do was watch a movie on my new LED tv. I guess I'm better off spending money elsewhere. Welcome to the computer age.

Why would you attach a text file? :unsure::rolleyes::wacko:

After all that, I'm not sure what you have or don't have. You may have (before all this) changed the extension of the VOB file to mpg2 to play it. But wait, where did you get the vob file from? Did you copy the movie from a DVD to your computer?

You said that you wanted to watch the movie on the TV? Are you connecting the computer to the TV or are you streaming the movie to the TV?

In essence you may have the dreaded mpg2 codec issue ! Which version of "Media Creator" do you "almost" have?

You said that you wanted to watch the movie on the TV? Are you connecting the computer to the TV or are you streaming the movie to the TV?

In essence you may have the dreaded mpg2 codec issue ! Which version of "Media Creator" do you "almost" have?

Let's see. I get vob files from DVDs. No copyright problem. I can play it, just not on a nice fullscreen program.

I'd like to do a wire vga-type connection. Yes I know how.

Let me see what EMC says today:

Easy Media Creator 10 Suite

Version: 10.1.226

Build: 112B26A, R03

Serial Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - I deleted that myself: it's in my store account, with the other 2 2010 version keys.

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 4.10.32b, 31

Module Name: Roxio Central Core

Version: 3.7.0

Build: 371B38A, C10

Module Name: Roxio Central Tools

Build: 370B31A, C10

Module Name: Roxio Central Data

Build: 370B38A, C10

Module Name: Roxio Central Copy

Build: 370B42A, C10

Module Name: Roxio Central Audio

Build: 370B53A, C10

Module Name: Roxio Disc Gallery

Version: 3.1

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2006 :)

Does that help?

I used a text file because I seemed not to be able to type or paste in any more text, and being new to this gui I did not want to lose anything to the great bit-bucket in the sky.

The Decoder pack will uninstall Cineplayer.

So what happens when you try to watch your DVD using Windows Media Player?In XP that wasn't something you could do with WMP out of the box.

The decoder you installed is for watching movies with it,not Cineplayer itself.

Have you checked WMP to make sure the plug in got installed?

The Decoder pack will uninstall Cineplayer.

So what happens when you try to watch your DVD using Windows Media Player?In XP that wasn't something you could do with WMP out of the box.

The decoder you installed is for watching movies with it,not Cineplayer itself.

Have you checked WMP to make sure the plug in got installed?

Yeah, I figured that out. I just filled out a survey. Thought you might like to read my reply:

The answer to question 7 is depends. I have bought Roxio and before that the original company Roxio bought so often that questions about "my product" are meaningless. I had several problems recently so a question about what kind of problem it was is also meaningless. It turns out I wasted an entire day and a bit of money because Roxio has abandoned its CinePlayer product and what I bought unknowingly not only doesn't fix CinePlayer but it UNINSTALLS CinePlayer! In order to get it back you not only have to know how to completely uninstall MediaCreator but you have to reinstall MediaCreator from scratch. And I thought i could get away with reinstalling some product I paid mere money for!

What my trouble ticket was about was trying to re-download a PURCHASED version of CinePlayer to see if that would help. Unlikely, because what Roxio is really trying to do is say to Microsoft, OK, you win, we really don't know as much about the video business as you do, we do CD and DVD burning, so go ahead, take all of our CinePlayer business, we don't need it, and by the way we'll uninstall all those ones we've already sold so you can give away more Media Players, and it may help you to sell more Windows 7s, which like it or not we're stuck with. The thing I was trying to install was not really a "codec" but an uninstaller I had been tricked into paying for. I was trying to obtain a re-download of CinePlayer but the "codec" would have probably uninstalled that too!

Also, I got a "service pack" and it would have probably been creating mischief of its own. It told me I didn't even have MediaCreator!

I have always thought the original makers of Easy CD or whatever it was back then should have streamlined and speeded up their product instead of bloating it, and that's why they had to sell out to Roxio. C++ seems to have a way of perpetuating itself. Now I am sure. I'm probably going to end up being dragged kicking and screaming to Linux-land.

I suppose that's enough grievances for one day. Off to buy (remember, $$$?) some other DVD software. Or maybe I should just buy an OppoSomethingOrOther DVD player box. Or maybe I should just stay home.

Try assembly language. Then again, don't. You probably couldn't cope with the speed.

I use XP. (Maybe not for much longer, though...) I hate WMP. Thought of trying to use it, but changed my mind just it time. I wish you every success in your future endeavors.

Download software is only available for X amount of time. That was made clear in the digital river info when you purchased it and instructions to make a backup of that software.

You evidently didn't do that and now your complaining about it.

If you want help quit traveling all over the universe and sharing those thoughts with us.

It doesn't help and only confuses the matter your trying to get help for.

You are here for help aren't you? :unsure:

I don't know where you got the idea that I travel all over the universe. I was on a train in the picture of me attached to my posting. In my trouble ticket about the download I made a couple of suggestion, intended only to help. I was on my way to the west coast, but that was a few years ago now. I did back up my copy of CinePlayer, but stuff happens, and I lost my backup. It's great that you guys kept my unlock key for me, and I did suggest that if you would have also kept my order history in my account (which I thought I read somewhere you did), I couldn't have had to ask you for it. But it would have been nice if you would have taken a cue from some of the large companies like Adobe, and also kept the download for me. It is just a really convenient thing and keeps people like me who have disk crashes and stuff from losing a lot of their investment in your software. But I guess I should not tell you how to run your business.

I have a disability and don't go much of anywhere, just stay here in my chair. I would like to be able to plug my computer into my TV and watch VOBs, that's all.

I don't know where you got the idea that I travel all over the universe. I was on a train in the picture of me attached to my posting. In my trouble ticket about the download I made a couple of suggestion, intended only to help. I was on my way to the west coast, but that was a few years ago now. I did back up my copy of CinePlayer, but stuff happens, and I lost my backup. It's great that you guys kept my unlock key for me, and I did suggest that if you would have also kept my order history in my account (which I thought I read somewhere you did), I couldn't have had to ask you for it. But it would have been nice if you would have taken a cue from some of the large companies like Adobe, and also kept the download for me. It is just a really convenient thing and keeps people like me who have disk crashes and stuff from losing a lot of their investment in your software. But I guess I should not tell you how to run your business.

I have a disability and don't go much of anywhere, just stay here in my chair. I would like to be able to plug my computer into my TV and watch VOBs, that's all.

Not our business and we don't run it nor control anything that Roxio does or does not do. :(

We are users like you who just have a little more experience. Contact Roxio directly with your suggestions. :)

Not our business and we don't run it nor control anything that Roxio does or does not do. :(

We are users like you who just have a little more experience. Contact Roxio directly with your suggestions. :)

OK, I get it. Made the mistake because I started out on Roxio's web site. Sorry. I thought maybe somebody from Roxio was listening. Stupid. Please forgive. Thanks for your help. I am a bit jaded and did not reach out years ago when I should have. I just thought stupidly :huh: that throwing money at something might help, and look where that got me. Thanks again.

Sadder Budweiser. :(:huh:

Archived