• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio/video Sync Lost In Editing

Warren44

Question

First, I'm new at this.

I've loaded a 23' video into Videowave. I want to extract about 13' out of the middle of the file. When I split and trim (using the timeline) the resulting fragment has lost the synchronization between the audio and video. I've pulled the file into MyDVD - it's still unsynched there. I've haven't tried burning a DVD yet, but I'm not sure why I should expect any different result.

I'm running Win7 Ultimate, SP1, on a Dell XPS M1330 laptop: 2 GHz processor, 2 GB RAM, 295 GB hard drive, 167 GB free. Defragged weekly, on Wednesday. Presently 2% fragmented.

What am I doing wrong? Any advice?

1 answer to this question

First, I'm new at this.

I've loaded a 23' video into Videowave. I want to extract about 13' out of the middle of the file. When I split and trim (using the timeline) the resulting fragment has lost the synchronization between the audio and video. I've pulled the file into MyDVD - it's still unsynched there. I've haven't tried burning a DVD yet, but I'm not sure why I should expect any different result.

I'm running Win7 Ultimate, SP1, on a Dell XPS M1330 laptop: 2 GHz processor, 2 GB RAM, 295 GB hard drive, 167 GB free. Defragged weekly, on Wednesday. Presently 2% fragmented.

What am I doing wrong? Any advice?

Where did you get the video?

What type of syn do you get -oen that is off from the start and doesn't get any worse or one that starts in sync and then goes increasingly off?

Have you tries just cutting off the sections you don't want using the split and delete method as shown here?

Archived