• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Audio Editor Crashes With External Mic

Nickdunc

Question

Hi,

I have been having an ongoing problem that perhpas I am not the only one to have had.

I am using an Asus eee PC with XP and 1GB Ram.

The problem is when attempting to use an external mic (Samson C01U) I get regular crashes at the point of attempting to load the audio capture into the editor (I am doing an audio book).

I have been told to update all the drivers, and defrag the disk, I have plenty of space on the HD (over 40GB free), and bizzarly I was advised to change the resolution of the screen to one that does not fit it.

None of this make any difference. Oddly, the internal mic allows ten minute clips to be captured - but the quality is not good enough to use. So as you can imagine I have ground to a halt having lost a lot of good reads.

Otherwise I have to say the tool is nice and simple to use for recording and editing.

I have ordered a RAM upgrade to 2GB, but really I don't know what else to do.

Any advise much appreciated.

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I have been having an ongoing problem that perhpas I am not the only one to have had.

I am using an Asus eee PC with XP and 1GB Ram.

The problem is when attempting to use an external mic (Samson C01U) I get regular crashes at the point of attempting to load the audio capture into the editor (I am doing an audio book).

I have been told to update all the drivers, and defrag the disk, I have plenty of space on the HD (over 40GB free), and bizzarly I was advised to change the resolution of the screen to one that does not fit it.

None of this make any difference. Oddly, the internal mic allows ten minute clips to be captured - but the quality is not good enough to use. So as you can imagine I have ground to a halt having lost a lot of good reads.

Otherwise I have to say the tool is nice and simple to use for recording and editing.

I have ordered a RAM upgrade to 2GB, but really I don't know what else to do.

Any advise much appreciated.

Let me get this straight, you are creating an audio book. Are you reading it or are you capturing it from a source?

Make sure that the built in mic on the computer is disabled (if you can). That was an isse for some Dell laptops. Go to the Asus site to find out how to disable the mic. Here is an articleabout that mic that may be helpful.

What Roxio program and version are you using? What operating system - W7 professional?

Now reading your post again, do I understand correctly that you record correctly but after you stop recording, you try to load the audio file into Sound Editor?

What are the capture properties you are using? Too low or too high a bit rate is a problem.

It really helps if you use the application names. For example "audio capture into the editor" Which application are you using to capture? I'm assuming by the editor you mean "Sound Editor" or "edit Audio".

What happens if you use the application "Create Audio Books"?

Archived