• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Label Creator Program

outerbank

Question

Here's a question for the gurus on this forum. One can burn to a RW disc to check if a created project burns okay. Is there is similar device one can use (something like a stiff paper disc that can be thrown away after use) to check if the label is going to be correctly printed on a dvd? Been having a minor issue with getting a label perfectly centered on a dvd. Have been modifying Print Preferences to obtain a perfect print, but have yet to achieve that goal. The last printing to a disc was about 1/32" too low and very slightly to the left. I know that 1/32" is equal to 0.0785cm, but even after making minor adjustments in the Preferences window, the print doesn't seem to move. Have tried the Calibration steps, but the alphabetic letters that are printed in the second phase of the operation are so far off the circle, I'm not sure what letter of the alphabet to select. Didn't have this problem with Creator 2009 on the Dell computer with the same printer. The printer being used is a Epson Stylus Photo R320, and it was the same one used with Creator 2009. Any suggestions?

6 answers to this question

Finally got the alignment problem sorted out. Forgot about the alignment setting within the Epson Print CD software program. The setting in this program was obviously taking precedence over the adjustments and settings in the Label Creator program. Completely overlooked this. I stll would like to know if such heavy weight paper discs exists for doing test label printing.

I too have an Epson Stylus Photo R320, and can't use paper sheets to check printing because we're printing to a disc set in the disc tray.

I used a reject disc or two [there's always one or two of those around :)] to check the print position after I set up the printer and did the Roxio calibration. Once I had things set up I left them alone, and it still seems to be working well.

I suppose you could make a heavy cardboard disc for this, but you could only use it a time or two and dead discs are easier.

Hey, maybe there's a business opportunity here. I did make up some heavy paper discs out of 8 1/2 x 11 matte photo paper. Darned time consuming cutting the little hole in the center. The Epson R320 did come with a heavy paper position check disc unto which was printed four lines with a hash mark across each line. Two of the lines were vertical and of course two were horizontal. After the lines were printed on the check disc measurements were taken from the edge of the center hole , both vertically and horizontally, to each hash mark to determine how far off center the lines were printed. Had to have a metric ruler with millimeters for the measurements. The measurements were then entered in the adjust print position screen. As Brendon states, once it's done it's not necessay to do it again. Unless of course you change computer and software programs, as I did.

Archived