Video Editing: How To Make Music Video

Tearing Hair

Question

9 answers to this question

Caleb must be one of the guys with "Peggy" :lol:

First, tell us what Roxio product you have. Did you buy it or did you get it with a piece of hardware?

Open Edit Video Advanced (or Video Wave). You should find it on the Home page. If you don't, you have a castrated version.

Add the video to VideoWave in the time line mode. Add the "clips" or images as overlays at the point you want them. You can move them back and forth but it helps if you are close. Save as a file by selecting export or save as a project to add it to Create DVD to burn to a disc. If you save, it cannot be played on any equipment becasue it is just a Video Wave project map.

Post back if that is not clear enough. ;)

Tearing Hair -

I have forwarded this conversation to our management team and the agent is being dealt with as we speak.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, but thanks for posting it. We QA our conversations and calls, but some still make it through the cracks.

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Customer Care

So I have a video of a music recording session. I have a WAV file of the finished mix. I want to use mostly the "live" video, but cut to various other clips. How do I do that? It doesn't seem that easy.

Hi Tearing -

I see what you are trying to do.

You have a complete single audio file of the audio of the recording session that has been sweetened and mixed.

You have a video that matches it.

You want to remove the original audio and replace it with the final mix, but insert b-roll (other video angles, maybe some stills, etc) into the recording session video but the same sweetened audio file plays through out...

Does that sound about right?

Thanks,

Jon

Roxio Customer Care

So I have a video of a music recording session. I have a WAV file of the finished mix. I want to use mostly the "live" video, but cut to various other clips. How do I do that? It doesn't seem that easy.

It is not clear at all exactly what you want to do.

do you want to insert other video clips into themusic video?

Where does the audio file have to do with this?

you: can I ask you a question about video creation?

Caleb: Yes, please.

you : I have a video of a music recording session.

you : I would like to replace some of the images with different video clips...

you : but have a separate audio track continue through.

you : how do I do that?

you : mostly I want to use one video stream.

you : but just insert a few clips here and there.

you : can you help me with that?

Caleb: May I place you on hold for 2 minutes while I do a quick research on this?

you : yes, I will go attend to my clothes.

Caleb: Thank you.

Caleb: Thank you for being on hold.

Caleb: Are you trying to edit a SlideShow?

you : no, i'm not trying to edit a slideshow.

you : i'm trying to edit a video.

you : i said that, right?

Caleb: Are you working in videowave with slideshow?

you : I'M NOT USING SLIDESHOW.

you : these aren't slides, they're videos.

Caleb: Okay.

Caleb: Would you like to edit a Video Clips?

you : may I ask a question, Caleb? What country are you in right now?

Caleb: I am from India.

you : thank you.

you : Is there someone who can understand what I am saying without me having to repeat it several times? I would appreciate that.

Caleb: I would like to help you in this regard.

Caleb: May I place you on hold for 2 minutes while I do a quick research on this?

you : I'm sure you would, but you've had about 15-20 minutes already.

you : You may please find a senior person. thank you.

Caleb: In this case, I would like to research on this with the next level of support and get back to you via email.

Caleb: Are you okay with that?

you : Fine, whatever.

Caleb: Thank you for your patience and valuable time in this regards.

Caleb: Do you have any other question?

you : no, that's all for now.

Caleb: I would be sending you an email with regards to this chat conversation for your reference.

Caleb: Thank you for choosing Roxio Customer Care.

Caleb: Have a wonderful day!

Gary is the music video expert here but just to get you started, read through this thread (link) and maybe it will help you visualize how to get started with your VideoWave project. Come back and we can help fill in if you have other questions.

Archived