• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Printer Issues With Roxio

TNorth

Question

I am trying to resolve a printing issue - when I print on my HP 7560 through Roxio, the images have white boxes all over them.

I would like to know which printers are compatible with Roxio 2011 and Windows 7.

Thanks!

17 answers to this question

I am trying to resolve a printing issue - when I print on my HP 7560 through Roxio, the images have white boxes all over them.

I would like to know which printers are compatible with Roxio 2011 and Windows 7.

Thanks!

More information please?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/70254-getting-the-most-out-of-the-roxio-community/page__pid__355151#entry355151

Thanks!

What more information do you need? I am looking for a list of photo printers that are known to work with Roxio Creator 2011, as Roxio has told me that the issue with my HP 7560 is known and they have no solution.

So - Canon, Kodak, Epson? Which are proven to work when printing photos through Roxio?

•Operating System (including service packs): Win 7 Home Premium

•Make: HP

•Model: 580t

•Video card ATI Radeon HD 6450 1 GB

•Processor speed: i7 950

•RAM: 9GB DDR3 1066 MHz

•Free hard drive space: 1.25 T

•I last did an operating system update on: 2/28

Thanks!

What more information do you need?

Well the first thing are you running a retail bought Roxio Creator 2011 Suite?

What Service Pack do you have installed?

What application within the Roxio Creator 2011 Suite were you using to print?

as Roxio has told me that the issue with my HP 7560 is known and they have no solution.

We don't work for Roxio unless it says so by our user name.

What issue is know to Roxio support that they have no solution for?

I know that Epson printers work with Roxio software. I use a Epson Stylus Photo R320 and Stylus Photo 825. Both work quite well and produce outstanding photo results. Both of these models have some age on them and may no longer be offered. Beyond that, I would go to the web and look for reviews of different brands and which best suit your purposes. I think you will find that the reviews for the Kodak printer aren't as high as for other brands. But that's your decision. Would also suggest you look at ink cartridge cost. On the matter of ink cartridges, you may want to consider a printer that uses separate ink cartridges, rather than a single ink cartridge with multiple colors. When an ink color begins to run out, only that ink cartridge needs to be replaced as opposed to replacing an entire ink cartridge even when some colors have not been depleted.

I am trying to resolve a printing issue - when I print on my HP 7560 through Roxio, the images have white boxes all over them.I would like to know which printers are compatible with Roxio 2011 and Windows 7.

Thanks!

Typical of clogged or partially clogged cartridges. Yes, it does show up in irregular patterns. Have you run the cleaner on the printer?

Are you using HP cartriges or remanufactured ones?

The only issue with HP printers are with setting the correct location for direct to disc printing. Read this.

Well the first thing are you running a retail bought Roxio Creator 2011 Suite?

It is Roxio Creator 2011. It is the full program that was ordered with my new HP computer - not installed by them.

What Service Pack do you have installed?

Service Pack 1 in Roxio

What application within the Roxio Creator 2011 Suite were you using to print?

The Print function after Edit Photo

We don't work for Roxio unless it says so by our user name.

I emailed Roxio support and they told me - not here in the forums.

What issue is know to Roxio support that they have no solution for?

To quote the Roxio tech:

"2/25/2011

Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Care

I have seen this issue with certain HP printers but do not know of a resolution to the problem."

And: "Thank you for contacting Roxio Customer Care

Thank you for the information.

You can try to uninstall the printer and reinstall the latest drivers from the HP site. I'm not sure if it will help as I have seen certain HP models doing this in previous versions of Roxio as well. "

TN

Typical of clogged or partially clogged cartridges. Yes, it does show up in irregular patterns. Have you run the cleaner on the printer?

Are you using HP cartriges or remanufactured ones?

The only issue with HP printers are with setting the correct location for direct to disc printing. Read this.

This only happens when I print through the Roxio program. If I use another software, the image prints fine - but if I use Roxio, there are white squares all over the print.

These are new HP cartriges, and the print heads are clean, and as I said, it does not appear to be an issue with the printer itself.

I'll take a look at the link, but this is has nothing to do with printiing CDs.

Thanks!

TN

I know that Epson printers work with Roxio software. I use a Epson Stylus Photo R320 and Stylus Photo 825. Both work quite well and produce outstanding photo results. Both of these models have some age on them and may no longer be offered. Beyond that, I would go to the web and look for reviews of different brands and which best suit your purposes. I think you will find that the reviews for the Kodak printer aren't as high as for other brands. But that's your decision. Would also suggest you look at ink cartridge cost. On the matter of ink cartridges, you may want to consider a printer that uses separate ink cartridges, rather than a single ink cartridge with multiple colors. When an ink color begins to run out, only that ink cartridge needs to be replaced as opposed to replacing an entire ink cartridge even when some colors have not been depleted.

Thanks for the input - I'll take a look at the Epsons.

TN

Before you waste money on a printer, tell us what you are doing, step by step so that we can try to duplicate your results.

Tech Support is not the End All answer for problems. The do quite well but often lack experience on the products and don't have to time to delve into every problem in detail ;)

Before you waste money on a printer, tell us what you are doing, step by step so that we can try to duplicate your results.

Tech Support is not the End All answer for problems. The do quite well but often lack experience on the products and don't have to time to delve into every problem in detail ;)

OK

1. I open Roxio Creator 2011.

2. I choose Photo from the list of choices on the left. That opens the Roxio Photosuite interface.

3. I choose "edit photo" and select my photo to edit.

4. After making the changes, I choose Print from the file menu

5. When the print interface opens, I choose my printer - HP D7500; I set the properties in the printer preferences - borderless photo - and click print.

6. The image prints and has white squares in various places - sometimes two, sometimes more - random locations.

If I add on the step of saving the photo and then trying to print it - the white squares are still there.

I can print the same, edited photo if I save it, close Roxio, find the image in My Pictures and print it directly using the same printer and same settings - just not through Roxio. It works fine that way.

I can also follow the same Roxio steps listed above and choose my old HP D8200 printer and it works fine.

I reinstalled the printer drivers and that seemed to work - once - then the same issue apeared again.

Thanks!

TN

Just tried it on my HP 8200, no problems :huh:

Might want to pass it by HP, they are pretty good about these things.

Thanks,

My 8200 works fine, too, and the 7500 works fine from any other program except this.

HP is supposed to call me, but they have pretty much said it is Roxio's problem.

:(

TN

Thanks,

My 8200 works fine, too.

HP is supposed to call me, but they have pretty much said it is Roxio's problem.

:(

TN

Of course ! Did you point out the other people who have the same problem from the Google page I pointed to? :rolleyes:

Archived