• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Version 6 Files

JohnW01

Trying to help a friend with a bunch of files created in V6. She's created a number of songs used for ice skating competition. The file structure looks foreign to me, with markup files, etc. She's now using V9 on another computer and was wondering if these V6 songs can be converted. Am I correct in that later versions of Creator will not convert these files. I saw some comments about another Roxio program....Media Lab or something. Will this program convert V6 files into something usuable in later versions of Creator? Are there any other options?

Thanks,

John

Trying to help a friend with a bunch of files created in V6. She's created a number of songs used for ice skating competition. The file structure looks foreign to me, with markup files, etc. She's now using V9 on another computer and was wondering if these V6 songs can be converted. Am I correct in that later versions of Creator will not convert these files. I saw some comments about another Roxio program....Media Lab or something. Will this program convert V6 files into something usuable in later versions of Creator? Are there any other options?

Thanks,

John

I have no idea what V6 files are. I have never heard of them. What file structure are you talking about? You will have to be a lot clearer and specific in your description if you expect anyone to help.

Maybe you mean projects files when you mention V6 or V9 files. If yes then those are not songs but only a listing of how the project is created.

Exactly what is it you want to do? If the songs were created (as mp3 or wav) then there is nothing to convert and any later program can use them.

I have no idea what V6 files are. I have never heard of them. What file structure are you talking about? You will have to be a lot clearer and specific in your description if you expect anyone to help.

Maybe you mean projects files when you mention V6 or V9 files. If yes then those are not songs but only a listing of how the project is created.

Exactly what is it you want to do? If the songs were created (as mp3 or wav) then there is nothing to convert and any later program can use them.

Sorry. I'm trying to migrate all of a persons work from Version 6 to a computer with Version 9. If I open up Audio Central in Version6 and select View Media Library there are a ton of entries, some MP3, some WMA, some RXS. If I highlight an RXS entry and select properties, it's usually a 1-3 KB file, however if I double click the file it plays a song. IT's my understanding that these small RXS files are markup files for songs that have been created.

I can not find a matching audio file on the computer for the RXS file.......at least nothing with the same name. So if I see a 2KB RXS file named "Dance 1", is there another audio file associated that is actually the file being played when I select the "Dance 1" RXS file.

Again the bottom line is I'm trying to move all the songs that were created in V6 to V9.

Thanks,

John

Sorry. I'm trying to migrate all of a persons work from Version 6 to a computer with Version 9. If I open up Audio Central in Version6 and select View Media Library there are a ton of entries, some MP3, some WMA, some RXS. If I highlight an RXS entry and select properties, it's usually a 1-3 KB file, however if I double click the file it plays a song. IT's my understanding that these small RXS files are markup files for songs that have been created.

I can not find a matching audio file on the computer for the RXS file.......at least nothing with the same name. So if I see a 2KB RXS file named "Dance 1", is there another audio file associated that is actually the file being played when I select the "Dance 1" RXS file.

Again the bottom line is I'm trying to move all the songs that were created in V6 to V9.

Thanks,

John

Have a look at this http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/19008-rxs-files/page__p__108096__hl__rxs+file.__fromsearch__1#entry108096

Thanks, just so I'm clear. THe associated WAV file that belongs to an RSX file. Is it hidden? This WAV file can not be "played" without the associated RSX file launched in Version 6.

Thanks again.

Any wav file can be played independent of any RSX file. The wav file does not "belong" to the RSX file nor is it hidden. A wav file is one of the most common,standard audio file and every audio player should be able to play it.

Was this wav file created by running the RSX project file in Version 6, ie did the user do an "export" to create the wav file?

Any wav file can be played independent of any RSX file. The wav file does not "belong" to the RSX file nor is it hidden. A wav file is one of the most common,standard audio file and every audio player should be able to play it.

Was this wav file created by running the RSX project file in Version 6, ie did the user do an "export" to create the wav file?

Not sure, I'll try and find out....but that sounds logical. When she exports can she give the wav file a different name than the RSX file? This is where I'm getting hung up.....I guess I still don't have the big picture. The RSX file isn't really an audio file. The RSX file was used/made when creating a new wav file. However, you can play the corresponding wav file by selecting it's RSX file in Audio Central. THis wav file, however, could be played directly instead of selecting the RSX file in Audio Central.

Not sure, I'll try and find out....but that sounds logical. When she exports can she give the wav file a different name than the RSX file? This is where I'm getting hung up.....I guess I still don't have the big picture. The RSX file isn't really an audio file. The RSX file was used/made when creating a new wav file. However, you can play the corresponding wav file by selecting it's RSX file in Audio Central. THis wav file, however, could be played directly instead of selecting the RSX file in Audio Central.

When you create a wav file it has to have the wav extension. The RSX files is not an audio file but simply a road map of how to create the wav file.

• 2 weeks later...

When you create a wav file it has to have the wav extension. The RSX files is not an audio file but simply a road map of how to create the wav file.

Been busy. Okay, thanks for everyone's help, but I'm still not getting where I need to be. The RSX file, or "road map" creates a wav file. I've have not found anyway to find the associated wav file.

For the reason behind it!

"When recording sound with the Roxio Audio Central, individual markup files for each track in your playlist, containing information about the edits and audio effects applied to their associated tracks are created. These markup files are in Roxio Markup Sound (.RXS) format and can only opened and played in AudioCentral with its associated .WAV file

How do I find the associated wave file. I've searched the entire computer for all audio files, no name matche the RSX file, no creation date matches. But if I select the RSX file in audio central it's playing an audio file somewhere. Where is this file.

Regards,

John

Archived