• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
help_needed

Application Has Generated An Exception That Could Not Be Handled

Question

I installed Roxio Creator Special Edition 2011 and when I try to load any of the modules (Roxio Easy Vhs to Dvd, Roxeo Creater 2011 Special Edition etc.) I receive "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled." and list the Process ID and Thread ID and then ask you to select ok to terminate the application or cancel to debug the application. I'm running WindowsXP SP3 on a Dell Inspiron E1705 with 2gb memory. I've uninstalled this software and it removed my computer DVD device driver and I had to do a system restore. I reinstalled the software a second with the same results. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I need some help in figuring out what is causing the exception errors.

7 answers to this question

I installed Roxio Creator Special Edition 2011 and when I try to load any of the modules (Roxio Easy Vhs to Dvd, Roxeo Creater 2011 Special Edition etc.) I receive "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled." and list the Process ID and Thread ID and then ask you to select ok to terminate the application or cancel to debug the application. I'm running WindowsXP SP3 on a Dell Inspiron E1705 with 2gb memory. I've uninstalled this software and it removed my computer DVD device driver and I had to do a system restore. I reinstalled the software a second with the same results. I'm not sure what to do at this point. I need some help in figuring out what is causing the exception errors.

This is more of an installation issue so I'm going to move this post there. Often a Roxio installation expert visits that site.

In the past, that was a Windows caused error. Many times with DirectX 9c. Try this. alsotry this.

This is more of an installation issue so I'm going to move this post there. Often a Roxio installation expert visits that site.

In the past, that was a Windows caused error. Many times with DirectX 9c. Try this. alsotry this.

Ok, I followed both instructions. The first "Try this" did not work. The second "Try this" did not work for resolving loading the Roxio VHS to DVD. When I try to load the Roxio VHS to DVD, I get the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD splash screen to load and then I receive the "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled" and now I also am receiving a popup error window "The certificate file is missing or has been corrupted. Please reinstall it." When I close this popup, I get another popup with a message "An unknown error has occurred. The application will shutdown now. Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." The second "Try this" allowed me to successfully load Roxio Creator 2011 Special Edition Splash Screen. When I try to access the VHS to DVD within this screen, I get the popup about the certificate file missing or has been corrupted like when loading VHS2DVD. Please advise what I should do now.

Assuming you actually have the Roxio VHS to DVD software disc, you have no need for anything on it :o

The Roxio USB device will work without it as the drivers are in the Creator 20xx Suite. And the V2D software is a giant leap backward when compared to the 2011 Suite!

Assuming you actually have the Roxio VHS to DVD software disc, you have no need for anything on it :o

The Roxio USB device will work without it as the drivers are in the Creator 20xx Suite. And the V2D software is a giant leap backward when compared to the 2011 Suite!

Thanks for your input into this problem. When I try to load anything from the Creator 20xx Suite, I get the same the application has generated an exception error as well as the certificate is missing or has been corrupted. I'm not sure how to move forward with this software. Perhaps I should have just purchased a VHS/DVD player that could copy the VHS to DVD. It would have saved much time and aggravation.

Thanks for your input into this problem. When I try to load anything from the Creator 20xx Suite, I get the same the application has generated an exception error as well as the certificate is missing or has been corrupted. I'm not sure how to move forward with this software. Perhaps I should have just purchased a VHS/DVD player that could copy the VHS to DVD. It would have saved much time and aggravation.

Time, perhap0s, aggrevation probably not. Editing ?

From what you describe, you did get a bad install. There are fixes for the certificate error. Read this.

I doubt that would fix the exception error though. Did you check and install DirectX9c as described hereand .netframework 3.5

Did you follow the instructions in this post carefully?

The two program you have are not supposed to conflict but who knows what happened on your computer. My Suggestion is to remove the "VHS to DVD" application because anyting it has is a duplicate to what is already in Creator 2011. USe "REVO Uninstaller" in the MODERATE mode to remove it and the associated registry entries. Be careful to remove only those associated with VHS to DVD. That program is a good one to remove any old programs that you not longer need.

If it were me, I would remove both VHS to DVD and Creator 2011 and any other Roxio programs that were on my hard drive and then reinstall only Creator 2011. The difference in time would be minimal.

Time, perhap0s, aggrevation probably not. Editing ?

From what you describe, you did get a bad install. There are fixes for the certificate error. Read this.

I doubt that would fix the exception error though. Did you check and install DirectX9c as described hereand .netframework 3.5

Did you follow the instructions in this post carefully?

The two program you have are not supposed to conflict but who knows what happened on your computer. My Suggestion is to remove the "VHS to DVD" application because anyting it has is a duplicate to what is already in Creator 2011. USe "REVO Uninstaller" in the MODERATE mode to remove it and the associated registry entries. Be careful to remove only those associated with VHS to DVD. That program is a good one to remove any old programs that you not longer need.

ok, I finally was able to get Roxio Creator 2011 to work and was able to create a DVD from a VHS tape. I had to uninstall McAfee virus protection software completely. Unfortunately, it did not fix the application exception error when I launch VHS2DVD. Unfortunately, I am unable to reinstall the McAfee software, so looks like there may be some issues with running Roxio and McAfee at the same time.

If it were me, I would remove both VHS to DVD and Creator 2011 and any other Roxio programs that were on my hard drive and then reinstall only Creator 2011. The difference in time would be minimal.

ok, I finally was able to get Roxio Creator 2011 to work and was able to create a DVD from a VHS tape. I had to uninstall McAfee virus protection software completely. Unfortunately, it did not fix the application exception error when I launch VHS2DVD. Unfortunately, I am unable to reinstall the McAfee software, so looks like there may be some issues with running Roxio and McAfee at the same time.

Edited by sknis
Moved reply out of quote