• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Installation Mysteries Roxio Creator 2011

ThomasWikman

Question

I tried installing Roxio Creator 2011 onto my Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) computer which has 8GB RAM, 2.40GHz AMD Pheonom QuadCore, and more than 400GB of free space. I have already successfully installed DreamWeaver CS3/CS4, Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0, Microsoft Office 2007+2010, WordPerfect Office X5, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Quicken Home and Business 2011, Acobat Reader and Skype and iTunes. However, the Roxio Creator installer is throwing me curve balls.

First, the installation starts and then it just quits without any error messages. However, I was able to get an error message by switching account but the error message makes no sense. The error states that my computer is not compatible with Roxio Creator and lists a number of compatible Windows OS including the one I actually already have (Windows 7 Home Premium).

Can anyone guess what is going on?

Could it be that Roxio Creator was prematurely released?

Any advice is welcome

Thomas

4 answers to this question

I finally got it to install by doing the following

- Downloaded/Installed MS XML 4.0 SP3

- Downloaded/Installed .Net 3.5 SP1

- Installed latest Windows Upgrades for Windows 7 (Home Premium)

- Disabled AV software

- Restarted computer

Restarted installation and this time it worked. Which one of the above that did it I don't know.

Thomas

I tried installing Roxio Creator 2011 onto my Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) computer which has 8GB RAM, 2.40GHz AMD Pheonom QuadCore, and more than 400GB of free space. I have already successfully installed DreamWeaver CS3/CS4, Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.0, Microsoft Office 2007+2010, WordPerfect Office X5, Microsoft Visual Studio 2008, Quicken Home and Business 2011, Acobat Reader and Skype and iTunes. However, the Roxio Creator installer is throwing me curve balls.

First, the installation starts and then it just quits without any error messages. However, I was able to get an error message by switching account but the error message makes no sense. The error states that my computer is not compatible with Roxio Creator and lists a number of compatible Windows OS including the one I actually already have (Windows 7 Home Premium).

Can anyone guess what is going on?

Could it be that Roxio Creator was prematurely released?

Any advice is welcome

Thomas

Try this fix, even though it is for Creator 2010.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/60347-system-configuration-not-supported-on-win7/

Archived