Videowave Hanging

cardiffkid

Question

I have previously used Creator 2009 and Windows XP. With this set-up Videowave used to hang on occassions - if I then pressed Play or another control the screen would whiten and the word (Not Responding) would appear in the very top left after the Programme Name and the File Name.

I am now using Creator 2011 and Windows 7. Videowave still has a tendancy to hang but it is when I am moving one of the sliders in Video Trimmer. Then it just hangs completely and will not respond to anything. It does not say (Not Responding) on the top line.

The only way I can get out of it is by using Task Manager but I then lose all edits since the last Save. Checking the CPU usage while it is hung shows 25 - 30%.

1 answer to this question

I have previously used Creator 2009 and Windows XP. With this set-up Videowave used to hang on occassions - if I then pressed Play or another control the screen would whiten and the word (Not Responding) would appear in the very top left after the Programme Name and the File Name.

I am now using Creator 2011 and Windows 7. Videowave still has a tendancy to hang but it is when I am moving one of the sliders in Video Trimmer. Then it just hangs completely and will not respond to anything. It does not say (Not Responding) on the top line.

The only way I can get out of it is by using Task Manager but I then lose all edits since the last Save. Checking the CPU usage while it is hung shows 25 - 30%.

More information please -read this.

If you are working on a project and have done a lot of editing, go to tools, options and clear the proxy file. They sometimes get cluttered and clearing them helps. They will be rebuilt in seconds and will contain only what is in the project now. The proxy files help open and edit a project quicker.

Archived