• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

XP Install wizard

d@m_u

Question

Installshield wizard Extracts files fine. Which seems to take an eternity. Checks package integrity which it does fine. then I have to pick the language english of course. Then I enter my name skip the organization and enter the cd-key. Next I pick complete and hit install and it starts generating script, when it gets to "copying new files" it gets about three quarters of the way there and starts a "rolling back action"

This is really wierd I get no errors or anything like that it just stops and rolls back.

I just upgraded to Windows XP professional and I had Adaptec Direct CD plus Easy CD Creator 4 installed on it. I uninstalled them prior to installing EMC8.

7 answers to this question

I just upgraded to Windows XP professional and I had Adaptec Direct CD plus Easy CD Creator 4 installed on it. I uninstalled them prior to installing EMC8.

You actually had EasyCD 4 up and running on XP Pro?

cdanteek

Installshield wizard Extracts files fine. Which seems to take an eternity. Checks package integrity which it does fine. then I have to pick the language english of course. Then I enter my name skip the organization and enter the cd-key. Next I pick complete and hit install and it starts generating script, when it gets to "copying new files" it gets about three quarters of the way there and starts a "rolling back action"

This is really wierd I get no errors or anything like that it just stops and rolls back.

Your system only barely meets the requirements for simple music and data CD creation but is way below specs for any video work. If you had any video related components selected for installation then the install propably "decided" that it would be pointless to continue and did the "roll-back". Even if you could get EMC 8 installed you will never be able to do any video work.

Walt (myguggi) is correct, except that even though your system meets the bare minimum requirements, I am not surprised the software wouldn't load. Your computer doesn't have the horses for this software. :)

Thanx to everyone who replied so far. I'm going to try running Roxizap as Terry suggested.

Since all i need this program for is the music burning. Can someone tell me the minimum components i need to installfor cd burning?

I do agree my current computer is ancient but hopefully that isn't the problem.

Ohh, and I never was able to use Easy CD 4 once I upgraded to XP thats why I needed to buy EMC 8. :)

Archived