• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Failure To Successfully Burn An Avchd Production To Disc

mediaman

Question

I am unable to burn my rendered High Definition AVCHD productions to DVD using MyDVD since I continually get the message Project_buildToDevice()AuthorScript call failed. Error while Writing Format. See the attached screen print. I have read and applied your guidance note on the subject which advises deselecting the "Burn to Disc" option and selecting the "Save disc image file" option. However I get exactly the same result and no disc image is saved. You will note on the attached screen print that the "Write format" function still appears (and is ticked).

I have tried all of the options offered by MyDVD including selecting the DVD option rather than AVCHD on the "Please select project type" screen. This runs thru to the end and writes to a DVD but the productions do not appear when played back (presumably because they were Exported As AVCHD 1920x1080i files in the Videowave rendering process). In any case they would not have been in the required AVCHD High Definition format even if the productions had been successfully written to disc. I did however note that when I deselected the the "Burn to Disc" option and selected the "Save disc image file" option that the "Burn Project" screen included "Record Menus" rather than "Write Format" in the list of functions to be undertaken.

I am using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro on a quad processor with 6Gb Ram running Windows 7. I use an ATI Radeon 5700 graphics card. I have successfully burnt High Definition productions to disc in the past.

5 answers to this question

Add one of the videos to Video Wave, go to the top menu and select Output- then export as then select video file. Select high definition or ACG(H264) then chose a AVCHD option (resolution and frame rate). Create the file. If there is something wrong with one of the files, encoding will hang. Use those AVCHD files in Create DVD.

How long in time are the two video files? Remember that you can get only around 40 minutes on an AVCHD disc.

UGH ! Fit to disc. I thought that you said that you didn't use that but bued Best Quality.

SKINS

Did as you suggested & ran the first (14 minutes long) and then the second video file (16 minutes long) thru Videowave. I then used the first AVCHD file as input to Create DVD but it gave the same result (ie error message Project_Buildto Device() Author script call failed Error while writing Format). The same happened when I tried to second AVCHD file. Any further suggestions? I have also deselected "Burn to disc" & selected "Save disc image" as suggested by the Roxio advice sheet but still get the same result (not sure why it goes thru the Write format process if it is only saving the file).

I am unable to burn my rendered High Definition AVCHD productions to DVD using MyDVD since I continually get the message Project_buildToDevice()AuthorScript call failed. Error while Writing Format. See the attached screen print. I have read and applied your guidance note on the subject which advises deselecting the "Burn to Disc" option and selecting the "Save disc image file" option. However I get exactly the same result and no disc image is saved. You will note on the attached screen print that the "Write format" function still appears (and is ticked).

I have tried all of the options offered by MyDVD including selecting the DVD option rather than AVCHD on the "Please select project type" screen. This runs thru to the end and writes to a DVD but the productions do not appear when played back (presumably because they were Exported As AVCHD 1920x1080i files in the Videowave rendering process). In any case they would not have been in the required AVCHD High Definition format even if the productions had been successfully written to disc. I did however note that when I deselected the the "Burn to Disc" option and selected the "Save disc image file" option that the "Burn Project" screen included "Record Menus" rather than "Write Format" in the list of functions to be undertaken.

I am using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro on a quad processor with 6Gb Ram running Windows 7. I use an ATI Radeon 5700 graphics card. I have successfully burnt High Definition productions to disc in the past.

No image attached so it is difficult to see what you are seeing.

Since you were able to do this in the past, what has changed? have you added any new programs. other than Windows, what else has been updated?

Have you tried pre-encoding the videos in "Edit Video -Advanced". It may help you find a bad video if there is one.

You can also try to repair the program. Put the disc in your drive, shut off your anti-virus, and when the option comes up, select the repair.

post-81281-098100100 1299343405.png

Sorry for missing attachment - this is now appended.

I have not installed or updated any software/hardware for several months and I successfully burned a production to disc 4 weeks ago. Hence I don't think that changes to my PC are the cause. More likely the rendered videos I am now trying to burn to disc are corrupt in some way. However the videos ( Two AVCHD MP4 files of 550Mb and 750Mb respectively) play successfully in Media Manager and Cine Player.I produced the videos in the last few days using Videowave (Edit video - Advanced).

I don't understand your reference to Pre-encoding in Edit Video - Advanced. Could explain how to do that please.

I've tried a program repair and also a complete uninstall/reinstall using Knowlwdgebase Article 000207CR but this hasn't made any difference.

Any further thoughts would be welcomed.

Sorry for missing attachment - this is now appended.

I have not installed or updated any software/hardware for several months and I successfully burned a production to disc 4 weeks ago. Hence I don't think that changes to my PC are the cause. More likely the rendered videos I am now trying to burn to disc are corrupt in some way. However the videos ( Two AVCHD MP4 files of 550Mb and 750Mb respectively) play successfully in Media Manager and Cine Player.I produced the videos in the last few days using Videowave (Edit video - Advanced).

I don't understand your reference to Pre-encoding in Edit Video - Advanced. Could explain how to do that please.

I've tried a program repair and also a complete uninstall/reinstall using Knowlwdgebase Article 000207CR but this hasn't made any difference.

Any further thoughts would be welcomed.

Add one of the videos to Video Wave, go to the top menu and select Output- then export as then select video file. Select high definition or ACG(H264) then chose a AVCHD option (resolution and frame rate). Create the file. If there is something wrong with one of the files, encoding will hang. Use those AVCHD files in Create DVD.

How long in time are the two video files? Remember that you can get only around 40 minutes on an AVCHD disc.

UGH ! Fit to disc. I thought that you said that you didn't use that but bued Best Quality.

Archived