• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Sooooooooo Slooooooooow

CenTex

Question

I have Roxio 2010 and use it to digitize LPs. I open Roxio to the main page and click on audio. When I click on "Digitize LPs" it may take up to 5 to 10 minutes for the application to open. After recording the audio if I select "Switch to Sound Editor", it takes up to 10 minutes to open Sound Editor. What is going on? I have Windows 7 and keep all my drivers and applications up to date.

8 answers to this question

* Operating System (including service packs): Win 7 Home Prem

* Make: Dell

* Model: 8400 series desktop

* Video card: Nvidia GE Force 9400 gt

* Processor speed: 3 Ghz, pentium 4

* RAM: 3 GB

* Free hard drive space: 139 GB, 39 GB free

* I last did an operating system update on: It is set on automatic update.

Does "Capture from Sound Card" and "Digitize Lp and Tapes" open slow also? Do you have an audio card or an audio chip?

"Capture from sound card" opened in about 10 seconds. "Digitize LPs and tapes" took six minutes and I clicked on it 4 times.

I have a Sound Blaster 24 live sound card.

Isn't there an obvious work around there? :P Use Capture from Sound Card to capture and then Edit in Sound Editor. Not what you want to hear but that is what I found to be best and use that all the time. I just finished about 25 LPs and now have about 10 to go.

You might want to update the drivers for your audio card.

I have Roxio 2010 and use it to digitize LPs. I open Roxio to the main page and click on audio. When I click on "Digitize LPs" it may take up to 5 to 10 minutes for the application to open. After recording the audio if I select "Switch to Sound Editor", it takes up to 10 minutes to open Sound Editor. What is going on? I have Windows 7 and keep all my drivers and applications up to date.

Post your computer specs. What else do you have running at the same time? Go to your anti-virus and make sure it is not checking files that are already on your computer.

What are your "Browse and Manage Media (media manager) settings? If you plan to use that for listing your music, then set it to auto catalog only your music files. If you don't want to use that, then turn it off.

Open Sound Editor and then go to Windows "Start Task Manager" how many processes are running. You may want to start only the needed processes at boot. Go to Windows Start in the search window type in msconfig. Open msconfig.exe and go to the start tab uncheck anything that you don't need to be started at start up. Reboot and acknowledge at you made the changes. There is a free beta program "Soluto" that helps you make choices if you are worried about disabling something you need at start-up.

post-58-027141700 1299404671.jpg

Does "Capture from Sound Card" and "Digitize Lp and Tapes" open slow also? Do you have an audio card or an audio chip?

"Capture from sound card" opened in about 10 seconds. "Digitize LPs and tapes" took six minutes and I clicked on it 4 times.

I have a Sound Blaster 24 live sound card.

Isn't there an obvious work around there? :P Use Capture from Sound Card to capture and then Edit in Sound Editor. Not what you want to hear but that is what I found to be best and use that all the time. I just finished about 25 LPs and now have about 10 to go.

You might want to update the drivers for your audio card.

Yeah, I suppose that is the best approach. The "Digitize LPs and Tapes" application makes it easy to record, add tracks, and name the tracks all in one application, but I find it to be finicky in other ways too. Several times I have had to start over the "add and name track task" because the application seems to malfunction if you get too creative with adding and deleting tracks. Like if you want to delete dead space before or after a track.

What are your "Browse and Manage Media (media manager) settings? If you plan to use that for listing your music, then set it to auto catalog only your music files. If you don't want to use that, then turn it off.

"Soluto" that helps you make choices if you are worried about disabling something you need at start-up.

Thanks Sknis. Turning off the Monitor Folker setting solved my problem opening Sound Editor. It is still slow opening the program for recording lps.

Thanks Sknis. Turning off the Monitor Folker setting solved my problem opening Sound Editor. It is still slow opening the program for recording lps.

Tell us about your computer

Your computer specifications have a huge impact on software performance and functionality.

* Operating System (including service packs):

* Make:

* Model:

* Video card

* Processor speed:

* RAM:

* Free hard drive space:

* I last did an operating system update on:

* Operating System (including service packs): Win 7 Home Prem

* Make: Dell

* Model: 8400 series desktop

* Video card: Nvidia GE Force 9400 gt

* Processor speed: 3 Ghz, pentium 4

* RAM: 3 GB

* Free hard drive space: 139 GB, 39 GB free

* I last did an operating system update on: It is set on automatic update.

Archived