• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Allow "check For Updates" In Windows Firewall With Advanced Security

Sicurezza

Question

I have Windows 7 and Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.

When I click on "Check for Updates..." via Help in Roxio Creator 2011, the Software Manager fail to check for updates.

If I change Outbound connections to Allow in the Firewall, the Software Manager can check for updates without any problem.

Previously I had Creator 9 installed and had an outbound rule via ProgramFiles (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\agent.exe with the permission allow. That worked fine with Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.

I am not able to find equivalent in Creator 2011.

Appreciate any idea to create an Outbound Rule to allow "Check for Updates...".

post-93019-027528600 1299402743.png

2 answers to this question

You just have to tell windows to allow outbound connections - there's no other way.

I'm a bit puzzled why you are tryng to disallow outbound - W7 NEEDS 'net access for spot checks on activation

I have no problem to update other programs, with outbound connections set to Block in Windows Firewall with Advanced Security, since I have created outbound rules for each program.

No problem to activate Windows either.

And as I wrote, with Creator 9 it worked to update after creating an Outbound rule to allow UpdateService\agent.exe, but I cannot find the equivalent in Creator 2011.