Unable To Mac To Tivo Transfer

joetheelder

Question

Using iMac running OS 10.6.6.

Originally was using Toast 8.0.5 with earlier version of OS. Was able to do TiVo to Mac transfers but not Mac to TiVo.

After upgrading to 10.6.6 discovered was unable to do TiVo to Mac transfers any longer.

Advised I need to upgrade to Toast 10.

Just installed Toast 10.0.8 and recovered ability to make TiVo to Mac transfers.

But still unable to see Mac from TiVo. I believe there should be entry on the TiVo "Now Playing List" under the "Recently Deleted List" for the iMac but I don't see it. It magically appeared a couple of weeks ago (before the Toast 10 install) for a short time but it is no longer there.

Is there some action I need to take to see the Mac from the TiVo?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Joe

5 answers to this question

Unfortunately that is the problem. It does not appear. I noticed it (my iMac) a couple of weeks ago. I was able to select it and see the stuff that I had transferred to my iMac some time ago. Previously I had written it off as a lost cause because I couldn't transfer back.

Figuring I was back in the game, I attempted to transfer some other programs from TiVo to the iMac but was unsuccessful. I posted a note on this forum about that problem and was advised I needed to upgrade to Toast 10. While I considering purchasing Toast 10 the iMac entry on the "now playing" list disappeared. After installing Toast 10 it still is among the missing.

Pretty frustrating.

There is a section on this issue on page 15 of the Mac2Tivo Help document. Aside for the steps they suggest there I don't have any other suggestions. I know it can work but I don't know what's preventing that on your system. If connected wireless you might test with using a wired connection through your router to see if that helps troubleshoot the problem.

Sir, I think you are getting me closer.

I did not realize that Mac2TiVo had to be running.

After getting it running, I am able to see an entry on "now viewing" although it isn't the same name as that which appears on the Mac2TiVo window.

When I opened the iMac indicated, I see only two files. Both are .mp4 files. They are in a folder displayed on the Mac2TiVo window as "TiVo Shows". This is a folder that was created when I was using Toast 8. None of the .TiVo files are shown.

When I transferred some new TiVo shows to the iMac with Toast 10. It created a new folder called "TiVo Recordings. Both these folders show in the Mac2TiVo window.

I noticed that the old folder that contains the two .mp4 files is a shared file. I am in the process of changing the newer folder to shared as well.

Any idea why the .TiVo files are not showing in the older folder but the .mp4 files are.

Thanks for your patience and help.

Sir, I think you are getting me closer.

I did not realize that Mac2TiVo had to be running.

After getting it running, I am able to see an entry on "now viewing" although it isn't the same name as that which appears on the Mac2TiVo window.

When I opened the iMac indicated, I see only two files. Both are .mp4 files. They are in a folder displayed on the Mac2TiVo window as "TiVo Shows". This is a folder that was created when I was using Toast 8. None of the .TiVo files are shown.

When I transferred some new TiVo shows to the iMac with Toast 10. It created a new folder called "TiVo Recordings. Both these folders show in the Mac2TiVo window.

I noticed that the old folder that contains the two .mp4 files is a shared file. I am in the process of changing the newer folder to shared as well.

Any idea why the .TiVo files are not showing in the older folder but the .mp4 files are.

Thanks for your patience and help.

The TiVo transfers are not a compatible format for Mac2TiVo. The .tivo wrapper must be removed to make them into a compatible format (those are listed in the Mac2TiVo help). You can use Toast's convert window to convert them to a compatible format. There also is a tool I've used called TiVo Decoder that simply removes the .tivo wrapper leaving the file as an .mpg.

Archived