Trying To Copy From Dual Layer Dvd To Blank Same

sanfranciscojim1

i'm trying to copy dual layer discs. the process proceeds until almost the end. i get an error message that says the disc is dirty or flawed. tried again, same result. using new Memorex DVD+RDL 8x discs. this is the error message

Sense: 03 ASC: 02 ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

-------------------------------------------------------

Px.dll: 2.0.50.500

pxdrv.dll: 1.1.16.0

PxMas.dll: 2.0.50.500

pxsfs.dll: 2.0.50.500

PxWave.dll: 2.0.50.500

PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

i'm trying to copy dual layer discs. the process proceeds until almost the end. i get an error message that says the disc is dirty or flawed. tried again, same result. using new Memorex DVD+RDL 8x discs. this is the error message

Sense: 03 ASC: 02 ASCQ: 00 (Command 2A)

-------------------------------------------------------

Px.dll: 2.0.50.500

pxdrv.dll: 1.1.16.0

PxMas.dll: 2.0.50.500

pxsfs.dll: 2.0.50.500

PxWave.dll: 2.0.50.500

PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3

Follow the link>> http://forums.support.roxio.com/topic/70254-getting-the-most-out-of-the-roxio-community/page__pid__355151#entry355151

Come back here (you can copy the post and paste it here) then fill in your information so someone can help.

You seem to be assuming the error is referring to the target disc that you're writing to, when it's more likely that the system is having trouble reading from the source disc.

To determine whether that's the case, try copying everything from the source disc to your hard drive first. If you get an error during the copy, then you've identified at least part of the problem.

Hope that helps!

i finally figured out that the new Memorex dual layer discs i bought at Office Depot are 8x. the Verbatim ones i bought several years ago that i believe worked for us are 2.4x. i had a similar problem using a real time DVD burner. it would only work with 4x discs. the newer 8x discs that i bought after i used up the 4x wouldn't work at all. so maybe that's the problem?... we are having better luck with the Memorex 8x using Nero burning software on a newer computer, so this problem may not have to be solved for now.....like a splinter under your nail.....!! will have to get my other brain cell revved up.

the computer i'm trying to use is:

Operating System (including service packs):Windows xp service pack3

Make:HP Pavilion

Model:

Video card

Processor speed:?

RAM:512MB

Free hard drive space:60GB

i finally figured out that the new Memorex dual layer discs i bought at Office Depot are 8x. the Verbatim ones i bought several years ago that i believe worked for us are 2.4x. i had a similar problem using a real time DVD burner. it would only work with 4x discs. the newer 8x discs that i bought after i used up the 4x wouldn't work at all. so maybe that's the problem?... we are having better luck with the Memorex 8x using Nero burning software on a newer computer, so this problem may not have to be solved for now.....like a splinter under your nail.....!! will have to get my other brain cell revved up.

the computer i'm trying to use is:

Operating System (including service packs):Windows xp service pack3

Make:HP Pavilion

Model:

Video card

Processor speed:?

RAM:512MB

Free hard drive space:60GB

See if there is a firmware update for your burner.

It's the firmware in the burner and what it has for media ID's.

Slow the burn speed down when burning the Memorex disc's.

Archived