Creator 2010 And Pro 2011 Keep Making Temp Files

Copassetic

Question

I upgraded from C 2010 to Pro 2011 hoping that at least a few bugs would be fixed (please don't laugh). One bug in both versions causes a new temp file to be added to my temp directory on every system boot (Sonic.temp, Sonic1.tmp, Sonic2.tmp, Sonic3.tmp, Sonic4.tmp, etc., etc., etc.)

Any idea how to prevent this?

XP Pro SP3 32-bit, programs installed to D: drive, temp and data to E: drive.

4 answers to this question

Hello,

Are they files or folders which are being created? Please review THIS TOPICfrom back in January. I'm hoping it'll help you.

Brendon

You are correct - they are actually folders. I just ran regedit and will know in a few days if this works. By the way, what does removing CPMonitor.exe from actively running on start up disable (probably not much on my machine since Cineplayer hangs on the registration screen anyway).

AnswersThatWork said

Cine Player Monitor. Startup program installed by Roxio Creator 2009. This program monitors your DVD drive for the insertion of a movie DVD upon which it starts Cine Player.

You can safely disable it. They said it was a useless task that unnecessarily takes up memory, since the Windows Autoplay function is built into the Operating System and will do the same thing for you.

AnswersThatWork said

You can safely disable it. They said it was a useless task that unnecessarily takes up memory, since the Windows Autoplay function is built into the Operating System and will do the same thing for you.

This is looking good. I still get ONE Sonic.tmp folder, but they are not multiplying. If I had to make a guess, it sounds like there are two programs trying to make the same temp file and whichever one loses the race during start up makes a new one each time.

Archived