Audio Dvd Will Not Play Through Stereo System

LarryDB

Question

The program says it will play on any DVD player. I can't get it to play on anything but the computer drive it was recorded on.

What do you mean by "audio DVD"?

Please explain with some detail what you did, what program you used to create the "audio DVD".

What do you mean by "audio DVD"?

Please explain with some detail what you did, what program you used to create the "audio DVD".

I used Roxio Creator 2010. At the main interface I clicked on "Create DVD music disc". The program states it will play on any DVD player. What am I doing wrong?

I used Roxio Creator 2010. At the main interface I clicked on "Create DVD music disc". The program states it will play on any DVD player. What am I doing wrong?

I don't know what you are doing wrong since you haven't told us what you are doing.

You clicked on "Create DVD music disc" and then what did you do?

I don't know what you are doing wrong since you haven't told us what you are doing.

You clicked on "Create DVD music disc" and then what did you do?

I then loaded tracks from a CD. When I had what I wanted on there I clicked next until I chose Burn. The program wrote the songs to the DVD. Played back just fine through the computer, but only the computer.

I then loaded tracks from a CD. When I had what I wanted on there I clicked next until I chose Burn. The program wrote the songs to the DVD. Played back just fine through the computer, but only the computer.

Do you get any error message from the DVD player? Do you see the menu on the TV screen?

The other players don't even recognize the disks. No display, no play. It's like there's nothing there.

Youdo get a menu when you play the music DVD on your computer? With Windows Explorer do you see a Video_TS folder on the DVD containing ifo, bup and vob files?

Yes. Both are there.

So that indicates that the DVD was created correctly by the Roxio program. What make of DVDs are you using? What is the make/model of your stand-alone DVD player?

Have you burned other video DVDs that play on your DVD player?

So that indicates that the DVD was created correctly by the Roxio program. What make of DVDs are you using? What is the make/model of your stand-alone DVD player?

Have you burned other video DVDs that play on your DVD player?

I've never tried to do video. The DVD is a Writemaster. Has always done well with CDs.

I've never tried to do video. The DVD is a Writemaster. Has always done well with CDs.

Lets try again....... What brand of DVD's are you using ?. Also what Make (Samsung/Pioneer/Toshiba) and Model # is your player?.

Burning CDs and DVDs are completely different operations.

Writemaster is not very informative, make/model number would help.

Do you have any RW DVDs you can use for testing? They are very handy for this kind of debugging.

Burning CDs and DVDs are completely different operations.

Writemaster is not very informative, make/model number would help.

Do you have any RW DVDs you can use for testing? They are very handy for this kind of debugging.

I've used several brands of DVDs, single and dual layer. the writer is TSST. I don't know the model number. I just found out I should have chosen "close the dvd" option before recording. I didn't even see it. I'll try again.

I've used several brands of DVDs, single and dual layer. the writer is TSST. I don't know the model number. I just found out I should have chosen "close the dvd" option before recording. I didn't even see it. I'll try again.

I'm also saving the songs as "wav" files.

It will only play on a set top DVD player that has DVD Audio Disc in its playable discs list. Does you set top DVD player have that in its playable disc list?

Now, here's a problem. The choice to "close" never appears. I am about to try this on my laptop to see if it works there.

Larry

You are going around in circles......

Lets review things.You have created a DVD with the Roxio software, it plays fine on on your computer, but will not play on your DVD player (brand X).

This means that the Roxio software has done its job.

Is this correct...

It will only play on a set top DVD player that has DVD Audio Disc in its playable discs list. Does you set top DVD player have that in its playable disc list?

Yes, it does. I have a ton of pre recorded dvd audio discs that play without a problem.

Confusing terminology!

A DVD Music Disc, what Roxio makes has a empty audio_ts folder and the music is in the video_ts folder.

A DVD Audio Disc is a different animal(entered the marketplace in 2000). It's audio shows in the audio_ts folder.

I've seen older DVD players not play Roxio's DVD Music Disc's.

You defiantly need a special DVD Player to play a DVD Audio Disc.

Confusing terminology!

A DVD Music Disc, what Roxio makes has a empty audio_ts folder and the music is in the video_ts folder.

A DVD Audio Disc is a different animal(entered the marketplace in 2000). It's audio shows in the audio_ts folder.

I've seen older DVD players not play Roxio's DVD Music Disc's.

You defiantly need a special DVD Player to play a DVD Audio Disc.

I have them. I just played prerecorded dvd audio on two players through the stereo. Roxio doesn't seem to cut it. I'll look for a better program.

I have them. I just played prerecorded dvd audio on two players through the stereo. Roxio doesn't seem to cut it. I'll look for a better program.

Are they really DVD Audio like I explained above?

If so what is the name of the DVD Audio Disc?

DVD Music Disc, what Roxio makes.

post-97-053213400 1299629569.jpg

post-97-089121900 1299629744.jpg

DVD Audio Disc.

post-97-042138700 1299629605.jpg

post-97-040027500 1299629617.jpg

You are confusing everybody. Why don't you get the make/model of your "audio DVD player" and tell us what it is. I have never seen an "audio DVD player" so I am curious about it.

If you really want to create a "audio DVD" then no Roxio program will do it and you will have to search for other software.

Archived