• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Poor After Sales

stevesed

Question

10 answers to this question

Total understanding and respect for your comment, Ive had the same problem many times before since 1989 with the PC.

Unless you have a bespoke system like a Mac or a PC where all the hardware and software/drivers have been tested by the system provider like Video system provider Avid It is only by trial and error testing your generic hardware and software at the same time that you will know if the software & drivers work and at worst one piece of software works with one drive but not with another.

Always change one setting as a time that way you can always go back.

One hi-spec Apple Mac computer should do it all with the clever bit that the same people also write the software with any third party software tested before they recommending it, but if you choose the PC dont expect anything to work out of the box unless its supplied by a system provider, I only get my PC configurations to work the way I want by testing software and hardware one at a time before moving on.

As with most PC users you will find they have more than one type of PC (hardware) hoping one of them will get them out of trouble, Roxio Creator 2011 works fine on my old Packard Bell Intel core 2 dual and the HP but no on the AMD X6.

Some time in the near future on the AMD computer I will do a complete system install to see if it cures my problem but wont get my hopes up as Roxio Creator 2010 was the first program I loaded and tested finding out it didu'nt work with six cores active.

Amazing think is an HP Intel Avid Windows XP system I use also works perfectly on the AMD 6 cores, (Avid graphics & sound hardware installed) when its not even supported by Avid thats how crazy the PC is.

To digress a bit and drift - are you able to run all six cores under Creator?

This problem cropped up elsewhere (the guy can't get it to work unless he turns two cores off in BIOS and runs 4 and you're the only other person I've seen with a 6 core CPU )

btw - Apple do NOT write all the software themselves - Snow Leopard is actually FreeBSD Unix under that fancy desktop ;)

The Main program selection page loads but selecting Edit Video (Videowave), Create DVDs, Burn Data disc will not run with six cores active but run when four cores are.

The clever bit with apple is the hardware / software is supplied by the same Company who over see everything, who’s really interested in the code as long as it’s secure and works.

I’ve heard Intel is thinking of developing their own software / hardware system? Using there own code.

The Main program selection page loads but selecting Edit Video (Videowave), Create DVDs, Burn Data disc will not run with six cores active but run when four cores are.

The clever bit with apple is the hardware / software is supplied by the same Company who over see everything, who’s really interested in the code as long as it’s secure and works.

I’ve heard Intel is thinking of developing their own software / hardware system? Using there own code.

Until Roxio comes out with a fix, why don't you just go with the 4 cores and have fun doing your work?

Go have a look here - this is the Darwin code of OsX and then tell me that was all developed and overseen by Apple. I think not.

It's ALL open source/Linux/Gnu

No worries it’s all cool, I use my AMD with all six cores active because it is so much faster than four cores with all my old Windows XP programs that don’t rely on Microsoft .net framework.

For Creator 2011 I use an old Dell with dual xeon 3.4 processors to create my AVCHD files but would be much faster if I could us the AMD 1090t six core processor.

Let me read between the lines. You have a product that is 2 versions behind and aparently it worked well for 2 years. Now something has changed !

Did you run a registry cleaner? Did you switch operating systems? Did you install any new programs? Did you install IE9 beta, RC or final release? (since the program last worked right?)

Did you do a system restore from a Windows restore point?

Did you lose your disc or download and want a new copy?

Did you ever hear of an electronics manufacurer giving free support to a 2 year old -TV, stereo, phone, etc?

Do not buy roxio if you have any sense. They do not provide support for products over 2 years old and you cannot seem to contact them via e mail.

Why are you posting in this forum if you have a product 2 or more years old? I do agree with you though that it is very poor business practice to "abandon" 2 year old products.

Perhaps if you told us what product you have and what problem, someone here can help.

Archived