warren14

Toast Titanium 11 Pro (Not Responding)

Question

I have.mov files from my Canon Digital Rebel 720p quality but when I dropped them into Toast Pro 11 the program became (Not Responding)...My plan was a Blue Ray BD disk to play on the big screen TV.

Any thoughts?

MacPro running up to date Snow Leopard with 8 gigs of Ram and a large amount of hard drive space.

Thanks

warren14

7 answers to this question

Don't know what's a bug and what isn't with this early release. I suggest trying to load the video via the Media Browser to see if that makes any difference.

I have been experimenting with Toast 11 to do things I normally do with Toast and everything has been very slow to respond. I transferred video from my TiVo and it took over 10 minutes to edit out commercials by dragging the markers to where they should start and end. In the previous version of Toast, that same task takes about 1-2 minutes. Toast 11 has not crashed yet but I get the beach ball for everything, then it eventually lets me do something. But I have a one-year old MacPro and I think Toast should be a lot zippier than it is. It feels like I am using an old Mac Plus.

I have been experimenting with Toast 11 to do things I normally do with Toast and everything has been very slow to respond. I transferred video from my TiVo and it took over 10 minutes to edit out commercials by dragging the markers to where they should start and end. In the previous version of Toast, that same task takes about 1-2 minutes. Toast 11 has not crashed yet but I get the beach ball for everything, then it eventually lets me do something. But I have a one-year old MacPro and I think Toast should be a lot zippier than it is. It feels like I am using an old Mac Plus.

Something seems to be wrong on your Mac. I just did an edit of a TiVo transfer and was much happier with the new editor than I was with the old one. I didn't notice any delays.Try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files and relaunching Toast to see if that fixes the hanging issues.

Something seems to be wrong on your Mac. I just did an edit of a TiVo transfer and was much happier with the new editor than I was with the old one. I didn't notice any delays.Try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files and relaunching Toast to see if that fixes the hanging issues.

It may be that I was using the legacy format window to do the editing. I now see you can edit in a smaller window that I hadn't tried and it may work better. It looks a little like HandBrake's interface except HandBrake doesn't let you edit out commercials.

Don't feel bad I'm having the same problem on my iMac (less than a year old), really frustrating.

Was that program 1/2 hour or longer? Where do I find the files you are describing?

Was that program 1/2 hour or longer? Where do I find the files you are describing?

I have an hour of hockey 720 p .mov's from the Canon Digital Rebel Txi. Most of the clips are fairly short. I saved them and started new with every break/penalty/score etc.

Not only was it hanging then it started unexpectedly quitting!

UGH!

WT