• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Burning Issue

pappaw

Question

I have a Dell Optiplex Gx 270, Pentium 4CPU, 2.8 GHz 1.00GB Ram, XP Pro (Version 2002) 32 Bit. DVD burner is HL-DT-ST DVD-Ram GH15L. V2D build is 201B23A.

Have burned about 20 discs so far. All features work fine except when I export to DVD, it will go to the 97% mark and eject disc and give "THERE WAS A PROBLEM WRITING TO THE DISC." I'll do this a couple of times without changing any settings or changing discs and finally about the third or fourth time it finally burns to the disc(using Memorex DVD-R). After burning disc works great in player. Tried V2D in newer computer first with Windows 7 but couldn't solve problem of jerky video. As I said, it works great in XP if I could only resolve the burning issue. I have about 60 more discs to go and it gets very time consuming having to do it 3 or 4 times before it burns. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

4 answers to this question

Most folks consider Memorex to be the best material for lining a Dumpster with! :o

Verbatim & Sony are excellent brands and Taiyo Yuden (mail order only) is considered the very best.

and yes, even though you have been using it or even if it is from the same spindle, you can hit bad ones unless you stick to quality brands.

On the other hand, may be something else, but trying a small batch of good quality media is a cheap way to test ;)

Haven't had a chance yet to pick up better discs, but, I've been playing around with V2D and discovered that if I choose not to add Menu and subtitles it will burn everytime. If I add Menu, regardless of video size, it always comes up "There was a problem writing to the disc." Any settings available to overcome this? Still gonna pick up better media and try that. Thanks

Most folks consider Memorex to be the best material for lining a Dumpster with! :o

Verbatim & Sony are excellent brands and Taiyo Yuden (mail order only) is considered the very best.

and yes, even though you have been using it or even if it is from the same spindle, you can hit bad ones unless you stick to quality brands.

On the other hand, may be something else, but trying a small batch of good quality media is a cheap way to test ;)

Archived