• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Menu Project

rjg

Question

2010 & Win 7. I have a movie production 1 hr in length (church service) PLUS a 13 minutes movie production of family after the Baptism. Both are dsdm files. Adding them gives me a clickable Text box for each and I am using these instead of actual buttons to initiate playing of the 2 movies on either a computer or DVD player. I want to be able to click on the hour long one and, as it finishes, have it go automatically on to the 13 min one without having to click again AND I also want to be able to just click on & play the 13 min one without having to view the hour long one. This was possible in an older version and the book indicates it is possible for 2010 also ((p. 205), but does not say how. What am I missing? A checkbox or setting? A procedure? Thanks for any help or advice.

8 answers to this question

Thank you Jim. There is a lot of food for thought in your reply. I printed it out for study purposes. I sort of solved the issue half-a**. Found the "link choices panel" and managed to choose characteristics for the first 'title-button' to "play all". Then linked the second one just to 13 min production. Seems to work on computer anyway. Your method seems to me to be the right way to do it. To solve the problem of being longer than HQ's 1 hr 6 min, I just used 'Fit to Disk' to see how bad it would be since everyone seems to say it does not come up with good results. Surprisingly, I could not detect any deterioration in video quality. I will have to check the audio to see if it is okay. But again, I like your technique (to set it 8 mbps) better and will use it from here on.

Fit to disc is hit or miss??? :glare:

I revisited it recently and got some good results with up to 1:08...

At some point it makes a serious drop in quality like the 1:41 I tested came out 5656 kbps 352 X 480... That is pretty hard to watch!

Couldn't get anyone else interested it testing, so I dropped it :mellow:

Tried setting the mbps rate to 8, but had to go down to 7.5 to get a service of 1 hr + different baptism of unknown length on the disk. Wanted to test it but could not because of a couple of problems. One difficulty is that the selecton of a movie production (however carefully done) seems always to initiate the preview function. I can stop the preview in a couple of ways, but the view will not go back to background image with the titles etc.

The second thing (and critical) is that I tried to use files from one of my workgroup computers. Although the result ( just a very rapid completion) did not indicate anything, I think it is probable that the files have to be on the hard drive(s) of the computer where Roxio tries to put it all together in an image file. Forgot to mention that I use Imgburn rather than Roxio to actually burn the project to disk.

Tried setting the mbps rate to 8, but had to go down to 7.5 to get a service of 1 hr + different baptism of unknown length on the disk. Wanted to test it but could not because of a couple of problems. One difficulty is that the selecton of a movie production (however carefully done) seems always to initiate the preview function. I can stop the preview in a couple of ways, but the view will not go back to background image with the titles etc.

The second thing (and critical) is that I tried to use files from one of my workgroup computers. Although the result ( just a very rapid completion) did not indicate anything, I think it is probable that the files have to be on the hard drive(s) of the computer where Roxio tries to put it all together in an image file. Forgot to mention that I use Imgburn rather than Roxio to actually burn the project to disk.

I don't understand what you mean by the bolded test above.

Roxio does not work reliably across a network it it works at all.. All your source files or destinations should be on the internal drive or an attached external drive.

Do you mean you use ImgBurn to burn the image file to a DVD?

For your 2nd image, Step 1 - Pick one movie....that selection (often, maybe always?) triggers preview play function before I can get to Step 2 and Step 3. At first, I thought I must have double clicked the movie instead of simply selecting it, after starting over I noted that simply selecting it caused preview play to begin. Once preview play has been triggered, I can stop the playing in a couple of ways, but it stops and stays in the middle of the movie. All of which is say that once preview play is stopped, I don't know how to get back to the blue backgound view of your first image.

You are correct that I use Imgburn to burn the image file to DVD.

For your 2nd image, Step 1 - Pick one movie....that selection (often, maybe always?) triggers preview play function before I can get to Step 2 and Step 3. At first, I thought I must have double clicked the movie instead of simply selecting it, after starting over I noted that simply selecting it caused preview play to begin. Once preview play has been triggered, I can stop the playing in a couple of ways, but it stops and stays in the middle of the movie. All of which is say that once preview play is stopped, I don't know how to get back to the blue backgound view of your first image.

You are correct that I use Imgburn to burn the image file to DVD.

That automatic playing of the selected video is very annoying. To stop it simply click the "square" icon with the arrow. Fortunately that "default playing" has been removed in C2011.

To get back to the main menu page (the blue background view as you call it), in the Project View window, click the Menus tab and then click "Your Title Here" or whatever text you have entered.

Putting that much on a 4.7 GB DVD will cause it to degrade video Quality… 1 hour 6 minutes is max at HQ!

If you can burn a DVD DL at HQ, it would be best… if not I will show you a way with minimum impact on quality…

To automatically follow: Select the first movie and under the Settings point it to the next movie after playing:

post-39730-063829200 1299674753.jpg

For squeezing those extra minutes… Click on Movies tab and select each movie.

Clear the checkmark by “Use project default encode settings”.

The default bitrate will be 9 mbps for HQ, change it to 8 mbps:

post-39730-082307800 1299674755.jpg

I would never go under 8 mbps, for my personal tastes but I might consider droping to the 704 X 480 for the video… (but haven’t really tried it ;) )

Archived