• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

EMC 10 Rip Doesn't Recognize Cd

Texas Dew

Question

I am running Windows Vista Business 32 bit. Computer is a Compaq 8710w. Drive is a HL-DT-SST DVDRAM GSA-T20L firmware version is current at NC08. I have Easy media Creator 10 Suite version 1.0.044 (more detail at bottom of this note)

Windows explorer recognizes the disk as a music disk and plays it. ITunes recognizes the disk as a music CD and plays it (along with giving the names of the tracks). But "Rip CDs" does not recognize the CD.

I have tried multiple CD's and even tried another DVD drive ... still "Rip CDs" doesn't recognize the disk says "Insert Music CD"

I have Easy Media Creator 10 Suite Easy Media Creator 10 Suite

Version: 1.0.044

Build: 100B44B, R03

Serial Number: DF-

Copyright: Sonic Solutions 2007

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 4.2.58a, 16

Module Name: Roxio Central Core

Version: 3.6.0

Build: 360B77B, C10

Module Name: Roxio Central Tools

Build: 360B19B, C10

7 answers to this question

Is it a bought retail audio CD?

Or a audio CD someone burned?

I have tried 10-20 store bought ... retail audio CD's. On RARE occasions, very rare ... it reads the CD, lists the tracks and then blanks out and goes back to not recognizing CD.

Is it just that one particular disc that isn't recognized by EMC 10? Or is it any audio CD?

I have tried 10-20 store bought and all do the same. Keep in mind that I also tried another CD in the multibay and still didnt' work. To me, I have eliminated the CD as the problem (because I have tried multiple ones); I have eliminated the CD Player because I have tried two that both work on other programs like Windoew Explorer, or iTunes; to me it looks like a problem with the Roxio Program. I am willing to buy Roxio 11 but don't want to waste the money if it will give the same results. I am 90% sure that my firmware is current and the all updates are current on Roxio.

Would appreciate any help you can offer.

Is it just that one particular disc that isn't recognized by EMC 10? Or is it any audio CD?

I have tried 10-20 store bought and all do the same. Keep in mind that I also tried another CD in the multibay and still didnt' work. To me, I have eliminated the CD as the problem (because I have tried multiple ones); I have eliminated the CD Player because I have tried two that both work on other programs like Windoew Explorer, or iTunes; to me it looks like a problem with the Roxio Program. I am willing to buy Roxio 11 but don't want to waste the money if it will give the same results. I am 90% sure that my firmware is current and the all updates are current on Roxio.

Is it a bought retail audio CD?

Or a audio CD someone burned?

Also tonight I uninstalled and reinstalled and same problems

Also tonight I uninstalled and reinstalled and same problems

Download and install the pxengine, in the following link:

http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

If that one doesn't work, try this one:

http://kb.roxio.com/search.aspx?URL=/content/kb/General%20...mation/000070GN&PARAMS=

I am running Windows Vista Business 32 bit. Computer is a Compaq 8710w. Drive is a HL-DT-SST DVDRAM GSA-T20L firmware version is current at NC08. I have Easy media Creator 10 Suite version 1.0.044 (more detail at bottom of this note)

Windows explorer recognizes the disk as a music disk and plays it. ITunes recognizes the disk as a music CD and plays it (along with giving the names of the tracks). But "Rip CDs" does not recognize the CD.

I have tried multiple CD's and even tried another DVD drive ... still "Rip CDs" doesn't recognize the disk says "Insert Music CD"

I have Easy Media Creator 10 Suite Easy Media Creator 10 Suite

Version: 1.0.044

Build: 100B44B, R03

Serial Number: DF-

Module Name: PX Engine

Build: 4.2.58a, 16

Module Name: Roxio Central Core

Build: 360B77B, C10