• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Streaming Video---- Roxio Pro 2011

neorican1

Question

I notice that my ROXIO software has streaming video and it was not something that I was looking for- BUT

I do have something called HBO to go which shows hbo video movies and series on my computer-- Can i show these features that are displayed on my computer On my TV with Streamer --- I have a wireless router, but my Tv is in a room separate from my computer-

If this can be done , is the help file easy to follow? If this can be done , will it also work for streaming NETFLIX?

Thank you,--- Ralph

3 answers to this question

Thanks for replying---

This streaming thing is new to me and I did not even realize that you need a box--

Are you saying that I would be able to watch my HBO to Go on tv if i created a set up with a box like ROKU or something similar----- and of course also use this in conjunction with streaming NETFLIX-

If the above is true what box do you recommend?

I am not sure that I understand your comment on IE--- I am a firefox user-

Thanks,,,,,,,ralph

What "Box" do you have on your TV to capture/play the signal?

Thanks for replying---

This streaming thing is new to me and I did not even realize that you need a box--

Are you saying that I would be able to watch my HBO to Go on tv if i created a set up with a box like ROKU or something similar----- and of course also use this in conjunction with streaming NETFLIX-

If the above is true what box do you recommend?

I am not sure that I understand your comment on IE--- I am a firefox user-

Thanks,,,,,,,ralph

Unless you have a TV with build in wireless access (I have a Samsung that does) you will need something to capture the wireless signal and convert it for TV use. There are several devices that will do that. I don't know about ROKU. I have the ROKU internet radio and of course that won't work for video.

The blue text is part of my signature that warns early adopters that IE9 Beta is a problem.