radmjk

Burning Issue With Imac 27" Core I7 12Gb Ram

Question

I tried to burn a HD-DVD yeasterday of some 1080HD home video in Toast 11 and it got stuck at 99% completion overnight. It never did finish. Then I had a difficult time even ejecting the disc.

Is this a common or not unusual problem. I have burned data on the same brand discs in the past so I dont think that it is the media.

I will obviously try again but I just wanted to get some thoughts on this because this was my first attempt and I am new to Toast.

I have Toast 11 pro

Thank you,[/size]

Edited by radmjk

10 answers to this question

Don't know what might have happened. Have you checked to see if the disc was actually finished and is playable? I suggest choosing saving as a disc image (click on the recording drive button to select this output option). That way when you actually burn the disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window you'll learn quickly whether it burns to completion or not.

Don't know what might have happened. Have you checked to see if the disc was actually finished and is playable? I suggest choosing saving as a disc image (click on the recording drive button to select this output option). That way when you actually burn the disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window you'll learn quickly whether it burns to completion or not.

I will try burning as a disc image. I'll get back to you after work.

thanks.

I was able to create a disc image...now what? How do I go about getting it onto a DVD (HDDVD)?

I am using Sony DVD+R 16x media. Have not had problems burning data onto these discs.

Help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Matt

I was able to create a disc image...now what? How do I go about getting it onto a DVD (HDDVD)?

I am using Sony DVD+R 16x media. Have not had problems burning data onto these discs.

Help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Matt

Burn the disc image to disc by selecting it with the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window.

Burn the disc image to disc by selecting it with the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window.

You know I guess I miss spoke when I stated HD DVD, I meant to say blu-ray on standard DVD media. I had forgotten about the older hi-def media, specifically HD-DVD.

So again, I am trying to put 1080 resoulution content on a standard DVD+R that will be playable on my Sony blu-ray player.

You know I guess I miss spoke when I stated HD DVD, I meant to say blu-ray on standard DVD media. I had forgotten about the older hi-def media, specifically HD-DVD.

So again, I am trying to put 1080 resoulution content on a standard DVD+R that will be playable on my Sony blu-ray player.

Is the disc image too large to fit the DL DVD? If not it should work to use the Image File setting in the Copy window to burn your disc.

Had the same problem. Roxio Tech service sent me me a canned response. This action worked best and now all is well

Don't Verify your data. Verifying your data is designed to make sure your project is burned correctly by comparing the data on your hard drive with the data on your recently burned disc. If you are running into burning failures, turning off Verify Data may help.

* Click Recording Options > Recorder Settings.

* Click the Advanced tab.

* Uncheck Verify Data.

I suggest writing to Roxio tech support to get the full link with suggestions.

Had the same problem. Roxio Tech service sent me me a canned response. This action worked best and now all is well

Don't Verify your data. Verifying your data is designed to make sure your project is burned correctly by comparing the data on your hard drive with the data on your recently burned disc. If you are running into burning failures, turning off Verify Data may help.

* Click Recording Options > Recorder Settings.

* Click the Advanced tab.

* Uncheck Verify Data.

I suggest writing to Roxio tech support to get the full link with suggestions.

Didn't work for me- still hangs at 99%!