I'm getting an error message

puck30

When I try to open my Easy cd and dvd creator 6.........I get this

ctcatend:mol65 fo pa66x error code=0

has anybody got this? know how to fix it?

thank you :

For Windows 2000/XP

-------------------

1) Close any open programs, especially those included with Easy CD/DVD Creator 6

2) Press CTRL-ALT-DELETE on your keyboard which should launch TASK MANAGER.

3) Click on the PROCESSES tab

4) End any processes referring to EASY CD CREATOR including but not limited to MEDIADB.EXE, PLAYLIST.EXE, and RXMON.EXE

5) Find the ROXIO folder located in "c:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data" where USERNAME is the name of the user you are currently logged in as

6) Right click on the ROXIO folder and choose RENAME. Call the folder ROXIO.OLD

7) Now restart the application that was giving you that error message and it should no longer come up.

Hey I tried everything you said I didn't find any of the programs you told me to look for. Did rename it Roxio.old but the program just crashed and wouldn't let me in and was telling me to deleate the program and reanstall. Oh well nice try. :) It was nice when it worked and I had most of the programs backed up on disc. Hey ^#!& happens. Now I can't find where to go to renstall. Could anybody please help me?????????? :huh::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P

"Now I can't find where to go to renstall". Do you mean you have no installation disc?. Please explain.

No it came with the computer, so i guess I lost it all. Can anybody tell me where I can purchase one I live in Allentown Pa

Thanks puck30 :):huh::D

No it came with the computer, so i guess I lost it all. Can anybody tell me where I can purchase one I live in Allentown Pa

Thanks puck30 :):huh::D

First, if it came with the computer, whoever put it on the computer (Dell, Compaq, etc) is responsible for support - so you might check with them about getting a backup copy, if one isn't on the CDs that came with the computer.

Second, you can buy it on eBay, amazon.com, etc. There should be both used and new copies available, since it is still being distributed. You can also find it somewhere on the Roxio site, but they don't make it very easy to find and you need some luck to locate it.

You didn't say what your Operating System is. If it is at least WinXP SP1 or Win2000 SP4, I'd suggest that unless you want to use Audio Central, you get EMC 7 or 7.5, which I consider a better program. Check ALL the system requirement BEFORE buying tho, making sure your system meets are exceeds ALL of them. Otherwise it doesn't work. That advice holds for any computer program.

Lynn

First, if it came with the computer, whoever put it on the computer (Dell, Compaq, etc) is responsible for support - so you might check with them about getting a backup copy, if one isn't on the CDs that came with the computer.

Second, you can buy it on eBay, amazon.com, etc. There should be both used and new copies available, since it is still being distributed. You can also find it somewhere on the Roxio site, but they don't make it very easy to find and you need some luck to locate it.

You didn't say what your Operating System is. If it is at least WinXP SP1 or Win2000 SP4, I'd suggest that unless you want to use Audio Central, you get EMC 7 or 7.5, which I consider a better program. Check ALL the system requirement BEFORE buying tho, making sure your system meets are exceeds ALL of them. Otherwise it doesn't work. That advice holds for any computer program.

Lynn

Hey thanks Lynn, just for the post fact I have Windows XP Right now Office Depot has creater 8 for $99 no rebate. Comp usa $99 with a twenty dollar rebate. Amazon $79 dollars with $20 rebate. again thanks Lynn. :):huh::D

Archived