No Aperture Or Iphoto Libraries In Media Browser

erikvlie

Question

Hi,

I am an editor of an online magazine and I am testing Toast 11 for a review. I have a strange problem: the media browser shows iMovie stuff, iTunes music, but under the Photo tab there is no Aperture or iPhoto to be found...

Is this a bug?

5 answers to this question

First of all: where do you get the idea from an alias has the text "alias"? On my system (Snow Leopard) it doesn't...

Secondly, I thought of that too, but found out it doesn't work. I also tried creating a symbolic link, but that doesn't work either. It becomes even funnier: Aperture 3 has the ability to create and open multiple libraries, right?

Well, try creating a library in the default location with the default name, and it will appear; create one with a customised name and it won't. Bottom line: Toast 11 supports Aperture 2 style libraries and nothing more. I launched a support request --curious to read what they say...

First of all: where do you get the idea from an alias has the text "alias"? On my system (Snow Leopard) it doesn't...

Secondly, I thought of that too, but found out it doesn't work. I also tried creating a symbolic link, but that doesn't work either. It becomes even funnier: Aperture 3 has the ability to create and open multiple libraries, right?

Well, try creating a library in the default location with the default name, and it will appear; create one with a customised name and it won't. Bottom line: Toast 11 supports Aperture 2 style libraries and nothing more. I launched a support request --curious to read what they say...

Your opening remark comes across as a bit surly. When I control click on an item in the Finder and choose Make Alias the item that is created has the file name ending with alias. I'm on Snow Leopard, too.

Toast isn't the only third-party application that has trouble locating libraries that aren't in their default locations. I'll do some more checking to see if I can find a way around this.

To fix this issue, please follow the steps given below:

1) Open the Pictures folder using the Finder and look for "Aperture 3 Library" Icon

2) Right Click on the Aperture 3 Library Icon and click on "Get info"

3) Look for Name and Extension Option and rename the "Aperture 3 Library.aplibrary" to "Aperture Library.aplibrary"

4) Open Toast 11 and look for aperture library under Photo Tab on the Media Browser.

Archived