• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Transferring Multiple Vhs To Dvd

Dianne143

Help! Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I am using the feature of transferring several VHS-C tapes to one DVD. The problem is, Roxio stops recording after about 1 min and 45 seconds. I have to keep re-starting it. I end up with many many clips off one tape. What am I doing wrong?

• 2 months later...

You are not providing much information on your equipment or what you have tried. Have you been able to trace the problem to your capture device or to the software? I had similar issues the first time I tried using my setup, it would stop after ten minutes or so. I finally uninstalled Roxio and WinDVD Creator and the capture device drivers, then reinstalled them. Another issue might be the available space on your hard drive. You might want to run disk cleanup and even defragment your hard drive.

I have transferred material from VHS tapes and burned them to DVD on several occaisions. I have found that you can burn approximately an hour and a half of a 2 hour VHS onto a DVD (because of capacity difference of the 2 medias). A DVD holds 4.7GB, but I found that I can only go to 4.3GB on the progress bar or the project is too large when I try to burn the disk. I use DVD Builder and capture from a Plextor ConvertX device. I can then edit the footage into segments, condensing, adding titles, music, etc..., before burning.

Archived