• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Tivo Failure To Toast Because Of Copyright

Mikeauction0

Question

I'm desperate - I only use Toast for its Tivo download and convert to iPad format capabilities - The latest release of Toast has suddenly refused to toast files transferred from Tivo - the error message says "DVD burning function not available for this function" - even files that were previously downloaded can not longer be converted to iPad format - I have restarted the Tivo - restarted the Mac - tried to reinstall Toast but it seems like I cannot download it again - all very strange. Any advice would be much appreciated.

2 answers to this question

That's very strange. If there was a copy protection problem you'd see the red circle in TiVo Transfer and wouldn't be able to transfer it to your Mac. Have you tried trashing the Toast plist and prefs files in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast?

Thank you - When I delete all prefs and plists and reloaded the app it asked me for the TIVO media access key - I suspect that the media access key record might have become corrupted and as a consequence Toast thought the file came from an unauthorised TIVO.

Thanks again - very, very helpful

Mike

Archived