Shinnen

Canon Zr60 Mini Cassette To Dvd

Question

Hi,

I haven't installed the 7.5 software yet. I would like to know first if I need anything in addition to it in order to make movies from my camcorder videos, i.e. will Roxio extract, convert, author, and burn these movies to DVD. (I have the necessary hardware and windows xp sp2).

Thanks,

....... john

4 answers to this question

Hi,

I haven't installed the 7.5 software yet. I would like to know first if I need anything in addition to it in order to make movies from my camcorder videos, i.e. will Roxio extract, convert, author, and burn these movies to DVD. (I have the necessary hardware and windows xp sp2).

Thanks,

....... john

Yes, the software will do that, and you should have no problem as long as you don't have a version of Internet Explorer above IE 6, and your Windows Media Player is version 9, or below. Any versions above those numbers, effectively kills EMC 7.5.

Also, you will need a firewire (IEEE 1394) cable to capture the video from your camcorder, to your computer.

What are your computer specs?

Edited by grandpabruce

Hi Bruce,

I have the firewire cables. Would I capture it with Windows Movie Maker or will Roxio do that?

Computer is a p4, 1gig of memory, and 2.8 ghz cpu.

I have IE 8 and SeaMonkey, and my WMP is 10 or 11. So...... there's not much point in installing it?

Thanks,

.... john

Yes, the software will do that, and you should have no problem as long as you don't have a version of Internet Explorer above IE 6, and your Windows Media Player is version 9, or below. Any versions above those numbers, effectively kills EMC 7.5.

Also, you will need a firewire (IEEE 1394) cable to capture the video from your camcorder, to your computer.

What are your computer specs?

Hi Bruce,

I have the firewire cables. Would I capture it with Windows Movie Maker or will Roxio do that?

Computer is a p4, 1gig of memory, and 2.8 ghz cpu.

I have IE 8 and SeaMonkey, and my WMP is 10 or 11. So...... there's not much point in installing it?

Thanks,

.... john

Not unless you get rid of IE 8 and the WMP 10. Since the time that I posted, one other Guru let me know that your video camera records in Motion jpeg format. If that is true, then EMC 7.5 does not support that format. I am not sure about newer versions of the Roxio software.

Thanks,

..... john

Not unless you get rid of IE 8 and the WMP 10. Since the time that I posted, one other Guru let me know that your video camera records in Motion jpeg format. If that is true, then EMC 7.5 does not support that format. I am not sure about newer versions of the Roxio software.