• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creating A Dvd-Video

LIC

Question

I just installed the "easy" vhs to dvd for mac and recorded a test video from a vhs video tape. After recording it I then clicked on 'send to toast'. I then opened up Toast9, clicked on 'Video', chose 'DVD-Video', left the encoding to automatic, moved the video quality to 'best', then clicked on 'Add', navigated to the 'Easy VHS to DVD Capture' folder and chose the test video which is in .mpg format and it is giving me error message "test.mpg is in an unsupported format and cannot be imported". Can somebody PLEASE help???1986 David birthday.mpg

1 answer to this question

That shouldn't have happened. When you clicked send to Toast what should happen is that Toast automatically opens and the video appears in the Video window ready for you to prepare the menu and burn the video DVD. Even if that didn't happen the steps you took to manually add the video should have worked. I'm not sure what you linked to in your post but it wasn't an .mpg video because it is only 4k. What size the is .mpg file that's in the capture folder? My best guess is that the video never was created in the first place. What may have happened is that the application created the file to start writing the .mpg but never actually captured and wrote any video into that file. So your troubleshooting needs to be why the device and its software isn't capturing and capturing the video in the first place.

Archived