• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Capture Device Is Overheating

CorkyC64

Question

I am having a problem with the Capture device getting very warm. As long as I am just viewing the video signal is steady but once I click record the signal begins to break up. As I have used this product the problem as increased.

I am using a JVC Super VHS ET into a Compaq Presario model SR5050 NX It has a dual chip running at 3 gig and 1 gig Ram

I have run your repair program on the disc and the problem was still there so I uninstalled your program then reinstalled and repaired again. Still has the same problem. I have changed out my cables it didn't help. But I notice the Video Capture device is very warm in fact hot at the connection nearest the computer. I think I have a defective Capture device and since I have not had your product more than 3 months can I get a replacement for this one part?

I have no problems working with my Ion turntable or cassette player hooked up and have worked with computer 24 years now. So I do know a thing or two about them and I know from all the tests I have run on my system and hook ups the problem is the Cature device. So do you give replacements for defects? I can return this one for inspection if you like.

1 answer to this question

Archived