• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Write Drive Won't Accept Disc

Brianz

Question

16 answers to this question

Time to fess up. It seems I created a problem and solved it myself after causing a lot of good people out there to rack their minds on my account.

The disc I was trying to copy was a DVD-R. I was trying to copy it onto a DVD+R. The Roxio program didn't like that and I never knew you had to copy onto the exact same media. Why should it care? In any case my apologies.

'It cares' because one is a Plus and one is a Dash, that makes them completly different in data structure!!!

Disc Copy makes an identical copy of a disc and when you have different media, it cannot do that.

But the name of the game is resolving issues!

We really appreciate that you posted what the problem was and hope you will not hesitate to stop in if you have other problems or just to bounce around an idea or two ;)

Edit: another Guru contacted me and question my statement... I tested it in both 2010 as well as 2011 doing copy from 'dash' to 'plus' as well as 'plus' to 'dash' and all worked... :huh:

There are differences in the 'dash' and 'plus' structure but not as far as making a disc copy is concerned.

The write drive (optiarc ND-3570A) recognizes type of disc inserted but after hitting transfer button it kicks drawer open and says to insert blank disc? I have done all the things suggested in other strings but no go.

It would really help if you were to supply some information about what you are doing or even trying to do.

Read this and come back

It would really help if you were to supply some information about what you are doing or even trying to do.

Read this and come back

I am trying to copy a dvd with data on it to another dvd. The write drive recognizes whether there is a CD or DVD inserted but kicks it out, after a slight pause, when the transfer button is hit.

I am trying to copy a dvd with data on it to another dvd. The write drive recognizes whether there is a CD or DVD inserted but kicks it out, after a slight pause, when the transfer button is hit.

Does it also fail when you use the built in burning in Windows.

You just described Roxio Burn Desktop App.

Is that what I asked you to do?

For now uncheck your burners and click OK.

post-97-004914800 1300233563.jpg

post-97-030796600 1300233562.jpg

More stuff. In the Roxio disc copy program I clicked on the Optiarc "F" drive to eject the CD and it opened the TSST "E" drive?

You have to have the drive your using showing, use the drop down arrows.

post-97-068263400 1300233695.jpg

Archived