• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Another No Video Signal

crusanowski

Question

I am having the issue that other people have reported where the sound works, but the video only reports "No Video Signal".

I have tried on two different computers. I have tried using S-Video output and using composite video output. The same thing occurs with both on both computers that I tried.

The version of Roxio Easy VHS to DVD is Build 201B23A ENU. Both computers are Windows 7 Home Premium. One was 64-bit and one was 32-bit. Both have USB 2.0 ports. Both have had all the windows updates applied, and the most recent graphics drivers applied. Both recognized the USB capture device when it is plugged in.

The VCR works and is the only device I have that has s-video and/or composite video output. (Everything else is HDMI.)

I submitted a support ticket and got back a response pointing to the knowledge base and suggesting I follow the basic troubleshooting steps (KB 000225CR). I did so, and it did not make a difference. I responded right away in the support ticket and now it has been more than a week, with no reply.

What else can I try here? I paid $60 to get this from Best Buy - and it is software, so I am not sure they will take it back, but I am thinking of trying to return this.

10 answers to this question

OK, I have tried a DVD player, another switch, another receiver... Nothing works. Only the old XBox. The XBox is not capable of taking an input and re-broadcasting...

As to the points in post 7:

Does your VCR have an S-Video output? (note ~ S-Video is for Video ONLY)

My VCR does not, the DVD player I tried does - I also have a converter that converts RCA video input to S-video output. I tried all of those and it did not work.

If you are using Composite (RCA Yellow/White/Red) make extra, extra sure you are connecting to the Output of the VCR!!!

Yes. The same cable to the same jacks works on my new tv, my old tv, even when connected via a switch box or a receiver. They are the jacks on the back.

Short cable runs are a must! The signal loss in 50 or 100 feet can reduce it below minimum needed.

I have tried 4 different cables. One 6 foot, and 3 f-foot cables. The 6-foot cable is an extra heavy duty one. (Like Monster cable - but not actually a name-brand like that.)

Can you use the Xbox as a pass through? So you would have VCR >> Xbox >> Roxio device >> PC.

Nope

Edit: I looked on Amazon for Signal Amplifiers… The really cheap ones $12 and less don’t come with a power supply!

They had a $42 one (HERE) that everyone seemed happy with…

I am considering if I want to do that. That seems to be the only option I have left. Unless I can find a VCR that is known to work with this device.

I am having the issue that other people have reported where the sound works, but the video only reports "No Video Signal".

I have tried on two different computers. I have tried using S-Video output and using composite video output. The same thing occurs with both on both computers that I tried.

The version of Roxio Easy VHS to DVD is Build 201B23A ENU. Both computers are Windows 7 Home Premium. One was 64-bit and one was 32-bit. Both have USB 2.0 ports. Both have had all the windows updates applied, and the most recent graphics drivers applied. Both recognized the USB capture device when it is plugged in.

The VCR works and is the only device I have that has s-video and/or composite video output. (Everything else is HDMI.)

I submitted a support ticket and got back a response pointing to the knowledge base and suggesting I follow the basic troubleshooting steps (KB 000225CR). I did so, and it did not make a difference. I responded right away in the support ticket and now it has been more than a week, with no reply.

What else can I try here? I paid $60 to get this from Best Buy - and it is software, so I am not sure they will take it back, but I am thinking of trying to return this.

As a quick test, try it with a DVD Player or camcorder hooked up?

As a quick test, try it with a DVD Player or camcorder hooked up?

OK, I did find another device around with composite out. My old original XBox. So, I hooked that up and it worked!

My VCR works through my stereo receiver, directly to either of the TV's that I have, and a few years ago, I had this VCR connected to a video card with RCA input... Why does it not work through this USB device? Is there any way to get it to work?

OK, I did find another device around with composite out. My old original XBox. So, I hooked that up and it worked!

My VCR works through my stereo receiver, directly to either of the TV's that I have, and a few years ago, I had this VCR connected to a video card with RCA input... Why does it not work through this USB device? Is there any way to get it to work?

It would appear that your VCR is not providing enough video signal level for the USB device.

Try borrowing another VCR and see how that works. I do remember a previous user with a similar problem and they purchased a cheap composite video amplifier.

It would appear that your VCR is not providing enough video signal level for the USB device.

Try borrowing another VCR and see how that works. I do remember a previous user with a similar problem and they purchased a cheap composite video amplifier.

such as?

Do you have a link for one ;)

Yes, any suggestion for what works would be helpful. I tried another completely different VCR and had the same issue. Is there any list of products that this device actually works with?

It doesnt work that way… the device accepts any composite or S-Video signal it receives. It is not dependent on any particular device to work with ;)

The fact that you hooked it up to one device, your Xbox, indicates that nothing is wrong with the device or the software install.

Does your VCR have an S-Video output? (note ~ S-Video is for Video ONLY)

If you are using Composite (RCA Yellow/White/Red) make extra, extra sure you are connecting to the Output of the VCR!!!

Many folks plug into the Front plugs of the VCR which are always Input :o Even the plugs on the back can be confusing as to which are really Input and which are Output. I have a JVC and it took some head scratching to realize it simply does not have an RCA Composite (Yellow) output at all :huh:

Short cable runs are a must! The signal loss in 50 or 100 feet can reduce it below minimum needed.

Can you use the Xbox as a pass through? So you would have VCR >> Xbox >> Roxio device >> PC.

Edit: I looked on Amazon for Signal Amplifiers… The really cheap ones $12 and less don’t come with a power supply!

They had a $42 one (HERE) that everyone seemed happy with…

I have used this VCR for several years. I am able to watch movies from it using the exact same 3 ft cable connected to the same output (on the back of the VCR) to the TV. I have had two different TV's, plus a stereo receiver that this could output through, and it works fine on all of those. While this VCR does not have an s-video output jack, I do have an RCA to s-video adapter. I tried that also with the same result. (It works on the TV, but through this device I get sound, but "No Video Signal".)

I borrowed another VCR (both are Panasonic) and it exhibited the same issue. Since the XBox worked, the device must be working... But two different VCR's do not work.

Since this product is advertised as something to change VHS output from a VCR into DVD recordings/Digital files, there must be some VCR's that it works with out of the box. Does a Samsung or Sony product have a higher output than a Panasonic - and thus work? If it "requires" an amplifier of some sort or a special low-impedance cable, is there a list of ones that are known to work?

I did try a different cable also to make sure it was not the cable. That did not make a difference. Once was a cheap cable that is 3 ft, the other is a 5 ft heavy duty cable.

I have used this VCR for several years. I am able to watch movies from it using the exact same 3 ft cable connected to the same output (on the back of the VCR) to the TV. I have had two different TV's, plus a stereo receiver that this could output through, and it works fine on all of those. While this VCR does not have an s-video output jack, I do have an RCA to s-video adapter. I tried that also with the same result. (It works on the TV, but through this device I get sound, but "No Video Signal".)

I borrowed another VCR (both are Panasonic) and it exhibited the same issue. Since the XBox worked, the device must be working... But two different VCR's do not work.

Since this product is advertised as something to change VHS output from a VCR into DVD recordings/Digital files, there must be some VCR's that it works with out of the box. Does a Samsung or Sony product have a higher output than a Panasonic - and thus work? If it "requires" an amplifier of some sort or a special low-impedance cable, is there a list of ones that are known to work?

I did try a different cable also to make sure it was not the cable. That did not make a difference. Once was a cheap cable that is 3 ft, the other is a 5 ft heavy duty cable.

In post #7 their was two suggestions, one for a amp and the other using your Xbox as a pass through (if possible).

Here is another amp http://www.summitsource.com/digiwave-dgsca101-audio-video-distribution-amplifier-4-way-rca-stereo-port-hdtv-1-in-4-out-composite-av-plug-connection-1x4-with-power-supply-1-input-and-4-output-multimonitor-viewing-part-dgsca101-p-9793.html ,

Google it, and you may find others. You might find a cheap new VCR in some of the discount store's .

I really don't think this is the answer...

I know ogdens mentioned a user needing this, but I have never heard of anyone else in the whole world needing to do this!!!

Keep in mind this thing has been out for almost 2 years now... The device came out before the program but I have tested it with every version of Roxio back to Version 6!

You have not addressed all of the points I brought up in post #7.

Archived