• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 2010 Videowave Can't Edit Videos With Internet Explorer 9 Installed

GGranec

Question

With Internet Explorer 9 installed which was released today March 15, 2011. Videowave in Roxio Creator 2010 will not edit the starting and ending points of individual videos. Since this is the official release of IE9, will Roxio update creator 2010?

13 answers to this question

Using System restore I went back to my Third last restore which would not let me use cineplayer to watch a video. I had the show me more restore positions selected. I went to my last restore setting which did let me watch videos on Cineplayer. At that point I started to add 1 update at a time. When I added W7 SP1, it would no longer let me watch videos on Cineplayer. I never got to add IE9. I checked to see if other people were having problems with W7 SP1 and sure enough there are. At that point I tried to go back with System restore at which time my registry got messed up. To make a long story short I am now doing a clean install of windows 7. I will let you know how it turns out.

And be sure to try something eles in it! It could be your file...

Use one of the WMV sample files that Windows includes.

No one else has reported any issues with IE9... After reading your post yesterday, I put it on 2 different PC's in both 64 as well as 32 bit versions with both 2010 and 2011 running.

Once in a while a Video Card Driver will screw up and you have to drop back to the previous one... Not to often but it has happened :(

With Internet Explorer 9 installed which was released today March 15, 2011. Videowave in Roxio Creator 2010 will not edit the starting and ending points of individual videos. Since this is the official release of IE9, will Roxio update creator 2010?

I don't work for Roxio.

The IE9 Beta was known to break Roxio Software.

Did it work before you installed IE9? Have you uninstalled IE9 and the feature works fine?

I installed the RC IE9 when it was released several weeks ago and didn't see any problems with it and Roxio Creator 2010.

One other person that I know of downloaded and installed the IE9 RC and had no problems. I doubt if they went backwards.

Tell us more about your issue. What application were you using? Please also supply this information.

Since the current product is Creator 2011, I'm not sure how much effort will be put into fixing problems with the older version. You'll have to contact Roxio directly to see what their plans are.

Why did you feel you had the need to go to IE9. Is it what you expected?

Restore is not quite the Click & Smile that people think it is… :D

It is there to protect the OS not your programs or data…

I have Win7, SP1 on both my PC’s and have no problem with Trim in 2010 or 2011.

I am sure if you Format your HDD and do a clean install your problems will be gone ;)

I started Roxio Creator 2010, Clicked on Edit Video - Advanced(Roxio Videowave), Clicked on Add Photo Video, Clicked on scissors to trim starting and ending point of video. With IE8 works fine and with IE9 I just get a black screen. If I uninstall IE9, it works fine. I have a Pentium 4 3.06 Hyper threading processor with 3 MB memory, 9500GT Video card, Hard drive is less then 50% filled, Windows 7 Home Premium.

It will be a shame if they don't update it. I hasd Roxio Easy media creator 10 and when I went from XP to Vista or Vista to Windows 7(don't remember which one), I had to update it to Roxio Creator 2010.

I remember I had to update Roxio Easy media Creator 10 to Roxio Creator 2010 when I went to Vista. Roxio Easy media creator 10 would send XP into never never land when you started windows and windows XP would not open up until you rewrote the configuration files. I hope there will be an update to Roxio Creator 2010 as you should not have to upgrade programs all the time.

I can tell you, at least in my opinion, there will not be any updates to Creator 2010!

Even if IE9 did effect 2010, the fact is that IE9 is an option...

If you elect to update yourself into obsolescence, that would be your choice.

However here is 2010, VideoWave Trim running happily with IE9:

post-39730-079189700 1300217995.jpg

So I suggest you do the Prep Steps to the letter!

Then start to install of the Suite, only pick Repair when it is offered.

Hopefully that will clear things up for you! Let us know how you make out.

I am using NVIDEA Driver version 266.58 When a new video driver comes out, I have been installing the new driver without removing the old driver. I will do a clean install of the video driver and see if that helps. Windows is up to date. I am going to try the video driver first, if that doesn't work I will remove creator 2010 and try installing per the steps in the instructions you provided. Thank You for the information. I will let you know if I get it corrected.

I reinstalled the windows updates(they were already updated), reinstalled the video driver(already had the current driver), directX, windows media player, Disabled the antivirus, diasbled the startup files, and reinstalled Roxio creator 2010 with no improvement. I will show a picture in the starting and ending point. When I press play, nothing happens in the center window. If I go back to IE8 the video plays and I can choose a starting and ending point. I can also go 1 frame at a time. It looks like I will use IE8 or choose another program or keep checking to see if it gets updated. I looked at creator 2011 and it looks similar to creator 2010. I also checked the creator 2011 forum which isn't trouble free. Since you are thinking it could be a video driver, I could possibly try an older driver to see if that corrects the problem. My Cineplayer program also will not play a movie and it did at one time. Thank you all for your help.

Archived