Video And Audio Aren't Syncing At All

PerryV

Question

Hey I just recently bought roxio creator pro 2011. I'm trying to simply trim up some videos but for some reason when I drag the video files to the storyline area and preview the video, the audio is extremely too fast for the video. I tried to use the audio editor and noticed that the audio length and video length aren't matching. For example: my video is 26 seconds long, the audio stops at 8 seconds, but it is all the audio just sped up. So basically all I'm asking is how do I get the audio to extend to the full duration of the video instead of it being 1/3 as long as the video and speaking fast.

14 answers to this question

* Error code or issue: N/A

* What kind of project were you working on: trying to trim interview videos to to show question and answers only and not miscellaneous material.

* What kinds of files were you using and where did you get them? Using .MOV files from a camcorder

* Did you complete your project or did it stop at a certain point in the process? Didn't complete. For some reason when I trim the video using VCC OR Videowave I can preview it and it works perfect, but when I edit and then preview, the audio and video aren't syncing at all. The audio is 2 or 3 times as fast as the video.

* Have you ever successfully completed the task that you are contacting us about? N/A

* Did you make any changes to your computer recently? (new applications, updates, etc) If so, what? N/A

* Operating System (including service packs): XP Professional version 2002, Service Pack 3

* Make: Dell

* Model: Optiplex 320

* Video card: N/A

* Processor speed: Pentium 4 3.20 GHz

* RAM: 2 GB

* Free hard drive space: 55 GB

* I last did an operating system update on: 3/15/11

Thanks for the reply Jim. The camcorder is a Canon EOS Rebel t2i. I'll try converting to mp4 and I'll let you know how that goes. I think it might be my computer's hardware honestly. The comp runs at like 80% CPU usage while I'm previewing a video in Videowave.

Just tried converting to .mp4 and when I preview the converted video I get the same Audio sync issue. The audio is going 2-3 times faster than the video is going.

That is sometimes seen with mov from some camcorders (broad enough?). Use a third part converter to convert the mov file to a mpg2 file. If you are going to make an AVCHD or blu-ray disc, then make sure you convert to high definition; otherwise it doesn't matter. Here are some free converters from cnet.com.. I use "Any Video Converter".

valiant effort Jim and Steve. However, still experiencing the same problem. Idk why I'm having so much trouble with this. Any other suggestions?

Which of the free converters did you use? What did you select for output. Please post a screen shot of the settings on the converter.

Did you start a new project in Video Wave and add the converted video file to it? Honestly, I remember only one other person who said it didn't work but gave no details. I don't remember where the other person got the mov file.

Steve you're the man! I tried it again this morning and it is working perfectly! Thanks so much. I really appreciate all the help you and Jim provided me with. Where can I write a good comment about you two fellows so roxio knows what good employees they have?

Where can I write a good comment about you two fellows so roxio knows what good employees they have?

Steve and Jim are users of the software and not Roxio employees.

Only folks with this post-97-063642600 1300893350.jpg next to there user name work for Roxio.

I used Any Video Converter, I used MPEG-II Movie (.mpg) as my output profile. I started a new project in Videowave and then added the converted files. Once converted, the files ran smoothly and I could trim and edit them as much as possible. Any other questions you need answered Jim?