• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

I Just Got Toast 11 Pro And Got Charged Twice For It

cl_smooth

Question

So i just dropped $135.99 on Toast 11 pro. The software is really hard to use at first, being new to the Mac O/S its understandable. I am use to PC's and having to do extra steps for everything. Yesterday i was charged $135.99 and today i had another charge for $129.99. I got the program for 129.99 and also paid $5.99 for a two year extended download warranty. Since having a disk sent to you is $16.00?? I called SONIC SOLUTION i guess thats who handles their phone orders. They told me that the $135.99 was a security hold to make sure the credit/debit card was active. I really don't understand, if they already see that the account is active and has sufficient fund, why would the send another charge thru? So not knowing that my account was over drawn i charged gas and food. Now i have three over drafts and apparently they will be charging the $5.99 again so possibly four over drafts. Now, stuck with four over drafts at $35 bucks a pop, I am not happy. No one told me that they would be charging me double at any point and time. i don't go to the store and buy a soda for a $1 and get charged $2 just to get the dollar back a week later. My question is this right? i bought this thinking i had money left over... nay... KNOWING i had money left over.

2 answers to this question

This is a user forum and what you're experiencing is a matter for Roxio's customer support. The only thing I know about holds on a credit card is that they aren't actually charging anything to the card but are keeping hold of an amount in the event they do need to charge it. So it affects the available balance remaining on the card but is not a billed amount. It is common with hotel reservations and many other things. I don't understand why there would be any doubling of the amount. Your credit card company may be able help you out with this doubling of the amount and the effect it is having on other charges.

This is a user forum and what you're experiencing is a matter for Roxio's customer support. The only thing I know about holds on a credit card is that they aren't actually charging anything to the card but are keeping hold of an amount in the event they do need to charge it. So it affects the available balance remaining on the card but is not a billed amount. It is common with hotel reservations and many other things. I don't understand why there would be any doubling of the amount. Your credit card company may be able help you out with this doubling of the amount and the effect it is having on other charges.

I already spoke to customer support. "SONIC SOLUTIONS" to be more specific. No help. Just venting to fellow users. And I understand what they are SAYING they're doing. I just don't understand why. It's not like I'm renting the product... I can understand a security deposit for a rented product.. or even if I were paying a monthly fee for the software.. to pay the 1st 2 months fees off the bat.. but I bought this outright. It is mine. Like I said before... it's not like I have to give the guy at the gas station 3$ when i buy a soda and then get 1.50$ back in 3-5 business days. And the fact the person I ordered the software from in the first place never mentioned a security hold. If they charged my account 135 and it cleared.. why would they charge me the same amount when they realized it would go through.. to turn around and take it back off in 3 to 5 business days. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

I just wanted to see if anyone else ran into this.

Archived