philiphotog

Stuck At 99%

Question

Aye, the perils of upgrading. Roxio- please take note. Looks like a bug.

Dropped in a MKV files to Toast 11 last night. No waiting for it to load up unlike Toast 10. I was thrilled.

However, after getting to 99%, Toast 11 says 00:00 remaining and it's been like this for two hours. There's no spinning wheel or non response. Just sitting there.

Is there a log file I can look at to see the status? Anyone else had this problem.

Dropped in a MKV files to Toast 11 last night. No waiting for it to load up unlike Toast 10. I was thrilled.

However, after getting to 99%, Toast 11 says 00:00 remaining and it's been like this for two hours. There's no spinning wheel or non response. Just sitting there.

Is there a log file I can look at to see the status? Anyone else had this problem.

There are at least several reports of this on this discussion board. I've had to abort the burn, then force quit Toast to get disc out. Resulting disc seems to be missing about the last 5-10 seconds of content. Work around is to create a disc image of your project, and then use Copy>burn image. Or go back to Toast 10 until they fix this thing. BTW, tech support has not been helpful on any of the bugs so far reported on this board.

Having exact same problem. Stuck at 99% for hours now. Second time. Is there a fix? What else is this program for if not to burn dvds? I just bought it this week. Driving me nuts.

Randy

post-93839-026844900 1301459180.png

Having exact same problem. Stuck at 99% for hours now. Second time. Is there a fix? What else is this program for if not to burn dvds? I just bought it this week. Driving me nuts.

Randy

Have you updated to Toast 11.0.1?

It seems like nothing related to Blu-ray works. I tried to make a Blu-ray disk from two different approx. 19GB .m2ts files. Both times the burn stalled at 99%. Not to be thwarted I tried to create an image file. This said that it reached 100% but did not actually finish.

I am very irritated with Roxio that they would release a piece of software that was simply non-functional.

I have 11.0.1. The "About Toast" tab does not work in the menu. Must be something wrong.

Randy

Yes, something must be wrong. Some users had trouble with Toast 11 installation and update due to some permissions issues. Maybe yours is affected. See this article.

Randy

I have the same problem but the Blue Ray disc actually plays well if you dont mind it is repeating/looping and that is not my choice. But i have to force Toast to stop as there is no response after it locks at 99% and of course you do not really know when it is finished.

I'm having the same problems too. Using a Pioneer BDR-206 connected via FW on a Mac Pro with 32GB of RAM running OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard).

Toast 11 Platinum 11.0.1. (Build 678) with the BD Plugin -- all freshly downloaded and installed today.

The BD burn gets to 99% and wedges. You can click on Cancel, but that wedges too -- so all you can do is force quit.

The BD-R seems to have been burned OK. I can see the BDMV folder and CERTIFICATE folder.

Of course, the DVD Player on the Mac does not start up and play it, however, if I use VLC, point it at the DVD/STREAM/00001.m2ts file, it plays from beginning to end -- all 89 minutes of it.

This seems more like a fundamental bug in Toast 11/BD Plugin rather than a permissions issue. The system log (accessed using the console.app) is shown below.

Can someone at Roxio please look at this issue as it is affecting several of us loyal Toasters!

Anyone know if Toast 10/BD works any better?

Regards

Andy Johnson-Laird

Forensic Software Analyst

Portland, Oregon

Console output (Note: No crash log was produced as I forced quit Toast 11):

2011/04/01 [2011/04/01] 13:06:54 [0x0-0xed0ed].com.roxio.Toast[2337] ****** CMediaConverter::DoPass1() took 5828.79 secs to complete ******

2011/04/01 [2011/04/01] 14:16:59 SystemUIServer[316] <NSThread: 0x17668280>{name = (null), num = 159249}

2011/04/01 [2011/04/01] 14:16:59 SystemUIServer[316] <NSThread: 0x5087f0>{name = (null), num = 1}

2011/04/01 [2011/04/01] 14:41:20 com.apple.launchd[141] ([0x0-0xed0ed].com.roxio.Toast[2337]) Exited: Terminated

2011/04/01 [2011/04/01] 14:43:51 DVD Player[2708] NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.

2011/04/01 [2011/04/01] 14:51:10 Toast Titanium[2729] Error loading /Applications/Toast 11 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/Frameworks/mc_enc_avc_cuda.framework/mc_enc_avc_cuda: dlopen(/Applications/Toast 11 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/Frameworks/mc_enc_avc_cuda.framework/mc_enc_avc_cuda, 265): Library not loaded: /usr/local/cuda/lib/libcuda.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/Toast 11 Titanium/Toast Titanium.app/Contents/Frameworks/mc_enc_avc_cuda.framework/mc_enc_avc_cuda

Reason: image not found

Edited by Andy Johnson-Laird
  • Like 1

To follow up on my previous posting, even though Toast 11 wedged at 99% complete, I can successfully play the resulting BD-R in a Sony Blu-Ray DVD player that I bought from Costco today, so I think I can infer the BD-R is probably OK.

As an experiment, I used the same 16GB .mov (89 minute run time) file with Toast 10 Titanium Pro with the BD-R plug in -- it burned a second BD-R without wedging, verified, and finished without error.

Therefore, this tends to confirm that the problem is a bug in Toast 11 and/or the BD-R plug in that requires Roxio's developers to correct the problem.

As a previous poster pointed out, it is not clear whether the BD-R is ready to go when you first see the "99% Complete" hang in Toast 11. Just on hunch, I'd let it sit at the hang for a few minutes. Have a glass of wine or try calling Roxio support :D -- do something to pass the time for several minutes just in case it hasn't really finished.

Better yet, if you have Toast 10 TItanium Pro (or the BD-R plug in), don't use Toast 11 until this problem is fixed. BD-R media is too expensive to fritter away on software that clearly has a bug in it.

Hope this helps

Regards

Andy

• Like 1

I have the same issues with disk images freezing at 99%. And the new Roxio Video player is also not much help playing the BDMV folder's streams from the disk image - unlike Apple's DVD Player which at least can play Video_TS folders - but not BDMV folders on disks or disk images. Roxio Video player wasn't much help determining if the 99% disk images were complete or not. Playback of the stream loses audio.

Dragging the BDMV folder to VLC 1.1.5's dock icon did play the two titles in the BDMV folder, but there were no menu's as you'd see before playing a DVD or Blu-ray disk (or the image files). But both titles played to completion.

The BD disk image appears to be complete, but maybe not completely. I burned a disk of the image and it burned through to the end and was verified successfully and ejected.

I played the disk (which is a standard DVD-DL with a BDMV folder - made using Toast's Blu-ray plugin). I've made scores of these and they are all great quality (allowing a bit more than 2 hours of 1920x1080 sharp video at far less cost than BD disks). The disk had menus on screen and each title played well. The programs nearly as sharp as any regular Blu-ray disk. But the last 9-10 seconds of the 2nd title weren't there - the screen just went black.

Since the 2nd title played in VLC completely, there may be a problem with burning a disk from the 99% disk image files. I've never had a disk just stop like that - it should have reported a verification error after burning. The disk wasn't full - there's about a 5/16 inch blank band visible on the disk.

Since the BDMV folder played in VLC but burned a disk that ended abruptly, there are other issues probably related to the hang at 99% completion.

By the way, if anyone is looking to burn BD files on standard DVD's or DVD-DL's using Roxio's Toast BD plugin, be sure your have a player made by Samusung, LG, Sony or Insignia. I have a new Samsung and Panasonic Blu-ray player.

The Panasonic does not support this format and won't play the disks. The Samsung plays them perfectly. Roxio support says that that should be fixed, with ALL players supporting their BDMV folders on non BD media with Toast 11. Well, we're at Toast 11. It hasn't been working in the Panasonic since Toast 9.

For what it's worth

Glad to see I am not alone in going crazy with Toast 11 not working. Do we have any sign that Roxio is aware of this problem? Any eta on a fix? Do they monitor the forum?

Randy

Do we have any sign that Roxio is aware of this problem? Any eta on a fix? Do they monitor the forum?

I'm afraid I have no data to show that Roxio is aware of the problem, nor whether they monitor the forum.

However, I have filed a ticket (#1205329) which says:

----

WebTicket 4/2/2011

Please refer to the Toast 11 Support Forum -- there are several Toast users (including me) who are reporting that 11.0.1 with the BD-R Plug-in hangs when writing to a BD-R. It shows 99% complete, but never actually finishes. Look for a thread called "Stuck at 99%". Toast 10, in comparison, when given the same .MOV file burns the BD-R without any problem. Thanks Andy

----

I hope that will attract Roxio's attention. Plan B (which I will execute in a week) is that I will send a letter by Federal Express to Fred Amoroso who is the President and CEO of Rovi Corp. (the corporate owners of Roxio). See http://www.rovicorp.com/company/1380_1705.htm for details of Mr. Amoroso. I infer that he will be at the Headquarters office, at 2830 De La Cruz Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA 95050.

Regards

Andy

Andy, thanks for pursuing this issue with Roxio. I am having the same issues and getting no resolution from their technical support nor acknowledgement that this is a known issue with Toast 11. All I receive is e-mail after e-mail with a new link to their canned responses. At one point I was told that my issue had been escalated to a higher level of technical service only to receive a message that I should upgrade to 11.0.1. (which had already been performed).

This was my first purchase of a Roxio product. Looks like I should have purchased Toast 10 instead of 11.

Andy, thanks for pursuing this issue with Roxio. I am having the same issues and getting no resolution from their technical support nor acknowledgement that this is a known issue with Toast 11. All I receive is e-mail after e-mail with a new link to their canned responses. At one point I was told that my issue had been escalated to a higher level of technical service only to receive a message that I should upgrade to 11.0.1. (which had already been performed).

This was my first purchase of a Roxio product. Looks like I should have purchased Toast 10 instead of 11.

Roxio Toast 10 is still on sale at Amazon.com it seems. http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-242600-Toast-10-Titanium/dp/B001O5CUIK

I've not had any feedback yet -- other than, very oddly, a Customer Satisfaction Survey. I say "oddly," because how can I assess my satisfaction when nobody has responded to anything? I therefore marked my level of satisfaction as poor across the board and explained that I felt that sending out a survey prematurely was unfair on the Customer Support people as well as the software developers. I'll wait for a week before invoking Plan B.

Regards

Andy

Roxio Toast 10 is still on sale at Amazon.com it seems. http://www.amazon.com/Roxio-242600-Toast-10-Titanium/dp/B001O5CUIK

I've not had any feedback yet -- other than, very oddly, a Customer Satisfaction Survey. I say "oddly," because how can I assess my satisfaction when nobody has responded to anything? I therefore marked my level of satisfaction as poor across the board and explained that I felt that sending out a survey prematurely was unfair on the Customer Support people as well as the software developers. I'll wait for a week before invoking Plan B.

Regards

Andy

I was having the 99% hang problem until I updated to to Toast 11.0.1. So far so good, but burn speeds are still slow.

I was having the 99% hang problem until I updated to to Toast 11.0.1. So far so good, but burn speeds are still slow.

From what did you upgrade, please? Toast 10 or Toast 11?

It seems odd that your upgrade to 11.0.1 fixes the problem as for most of us so afflicted, 11.0.1 seems to be the cause of the problem.

Also, out of curiosity, what BD drive were you using?

Regards

Andy

From what did you upgrade, please? Toast 10 or Toast 11?

It seems odd that your upgrade to 11.0.1 fixes the problem as for most of us so afflicted, 11.0.1 seems to be the cause of the problem.

Also, out of curiosity, what BD drive were you using?

Regards

Andy

I have both toast 10 & 11. I updated 11.0.0 to 11.0.1. That seems to have fixed my media browser problems, and my 99% burns. I am not using a blu ray burner- I'm using the superdrive on my Mac pro to make AVCHD blu ray discs using ordinary DVD 5s. I had numerous encoding problems with any version of Toast 10 past 10.0.2 which is why I bought Toast 11. So far no encoding problems with Toast 11.0.1.

• Like 1

Bonjour,

Est-ce que quelqu'un parle français ici, j'ai acheté hier le toast 11 pro mais la gravure s'arrête à 99% alors j'ai fait l'update 11.0.1 mais ça n'a rien donné, est-ce que quelqu'un aurait une solution, je veux graver un film blu-ray que j'ai monté dans imovie et que j'ai converti en quick time mais j'arrive toujours à ce 99% avec 00:00 temps restant. Est-ce que quelqu'un a une solution???

Edited by thracine

Add me to the list who are hung up at 99% while burning an HD video (this to to a DVD+R). Thought it might be worth mentioning that the 7-minute video burns fine as a "normal" video to disk but I purchased this software (in a box from Apple) with the intent on using it to burn HD disks to be played in a blu-ray player. Very disappointing for sure.

iMac

Intel Core 2 Duo

2.4 GHz

Snow Leopard

Personne pour m'aider??????

Vous avez le même problème de tous les autres. Nous attendons pour un repons de Roxio.

Randy

Oui, j'attends moi aussi mais ils n'ont pas l'air de travailler trop fort sur le problème. Please let me know when you have some news, if you could in French. Thanks Randy

Edited by thracine