• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

philiphotog

Stuck At 99%

Question

Aye, the perils of upgrading. Roxio- please take note. Looks like a bug.

Dropped in a MKV files to Toast 11 last night. No waiting for it to load up unlike Toast 10. I was thrilled.

However, after getting to 99%, Toast 11 says 00:00 remaining and it's been like this for two hours. There's no spinning wheel or non response. Just sitting there.

Is there a log file I can look at to see the status? Anyone else had this problem.

Update 11.0.2 now released. Has anyone had a chance to find out if this will fix our "99%" issue? Thanks.

Update 11.0.2 now released. Has anyone had a chance to find out if this will fix our "99%" issue? Thanks.

If saving as a Disc Image did work but the actual burn didn't, than it should.

If saving as a Disc Image did work but the actual burn didn't, than it should.

Just tried to save a HD as a disc image with 11.0.2 and it has hung at 100% writing. What should I do as a next step?

Edited by Trptguy13

Just tried to save a HD as a disc image with 11.0.2 and it has hung at 100% writing. What should I do as a next step?

Which video project are you seeing this in, DVD-Video, High-Def DVD, or Blu-ray?

Which video project are you seeing this in, DVD-Video, High-Def DVD, or Blu-ray?

High-Def DVD. It appears to be an issue with the Blu-ray plugin

Edited by Trptguy13

High-Def DVD. It appears to be an issue with the Blu-ray plugin

Looking into it... most of the comments seem to refer to MKV from what I see....

Looking into it... most of the comments seem to refer to MKV from what I see....

I have been able to mount the disc image and view the video (after canceling the project), however, there appear to be issues with the menu as I am not able to open the top menu. I should also add that my files are ProRes 422, .MOV files created in FCP 7.0.3

Edited by Trptguy13

I have been able to mount the disc image and view the video (after canceling the project), however, there appear to be issues with the menu as I am not able to open the top menu. I should also add that my files are ProRes 422, .MOV files created in FCP 7.0.3

Hoping to have this fixed by late next week... (99% hang on High Def DVD/BD projects)

Having the same problem

ROXIO... HURRY UP & FIX IT.. PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A hassle even rejecting the DVD

A BIG Disappointment.

Edited by gfb

Roxio Mac Guy, Let us know if you want us to test anything or send you more information so we can get this fixed asap. thanks, Randy

Aye, the perils of upgrading. Roxio- please take note. Looks like a bug.

Dropped in a MKV files to Toast 11 last night. No waiting for it to load up unlike Toast 10. I was thrilled.

However, after getting to 99%, Toast 11 says 00:00 remaining and it's been like this for two hours. There's no spinning wheel or non response. Just sitting there.

Is there a log file I can look at to see the status? Anyone else had this problem.

I have this problem and have been back and forth with techies...they say it is that I need Toast 11.0.s version, which has been impossible to download when it appears on my screen...I have been back and forth with them on how to download 11.0.2 without success

By the way, when you eject the disc stuck at 99%....it is totally playable in standard def dvd and AVCHD...it is as if it is an error in the message/also the disc does not eject...but when you finally get it out...IT PLAYS...the Roxio people have not told me how this can be so

Peter (bagpipe)

I am still having same problem saving HD, hanging at 99%, even with 11.0.2

Randy

How were you able to download 11.0.2 I have not been able to do so, at the relaunch step the program gives an error message, update not succesful...how did you do it

Peter(bagpiper)

How were you able to download 11.0.2 I have not been able to do so, at the relaunch step the program gives an error message, update not succesful...how did you do it

Peter(bagpiper)

Maybe need to uninstall and reinstall Toast 11. I was able to update to 11.0.2 with no problems by using 'Help->Check for Updates' right after completing basic Toast 11 install.

I am still having same problem saving HD, hanging at 99%, even with 11.0.2

Randy

I also had hangup at 99% when saving a BD image using Toast 11.0.2 (~20GB image). As a test, I did Force Quit of Toast at this point to insure not losing encoded assets, and reopened previously saved .disc file. Then saved image file again, which reused previously encoded assets and this time successfully created image file. Burned a BD disc from this and everything seems to work OK when played disc in BD player. I did Force Quit of Toast because not sure if encoded assets (in 'Documents/Roxio Converted Items) would be lost if I hit cancel button. If encoded assets not lost during cancel, maybe don't need to do Force Quit. I've only created one BD image file using Toast 11, so don't know at this point.

One other quirk I noticed after installing Toast 11 Blu-ray plug-in. Seems to disable my Toast 10 Blu-ray plug-in. Reinstalling Toast 10 Blu-ray plug-in seems to fix, but then disables Toast 11 Blu-ray plug-in. Then had to reinstall Toast 11 Blu-ray plug-in. Would be nice if both plug-ins could work at same time.

Hello

I have the same problem with this 99% hang and I am not using an MVK.

Here's the video info.

VideoInfo.gif

I have tried another couple of video files that are non-MKV and they have the same result.

I must say, I am extremely unimpressed with this software. I had to do all sorts of permissions wrangling to even get it to run the first time, and then updating failed until I gave all users Read+Write access to the Toast folder. Quite why I needed to do that is beyond me when I have about 250GB of other software that has just installed.

I know there's a Mac software developer posting on this thread, and I mean no disrespect to him, but frankly, this software shouldn't have been shipped in this state.

If there was an alternative to get a BD disk reliably burnt I would toss Toast into the bin and move on. Perhaps that's what it was shipped...

Mac dude, if you need any logfiles or any tests run here, let me know and I'll do what I can to help you.

Jim

Hi All,

Finally got a response from Roxio Tech Service that worked for my burning of HD DVD videos from iMovie

To fix this issue, please follow the steps given below:

- Click Recording Options > Recorder Settings.

- Click the Advanced tab.

- Uncheck Buffer Underrun Protection.

- Try burning the disc.

Was finally able to burn the projects I had created to disc and was recognized by my Blu-Ray player.

Good luck

Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us. Will give this a try right away!

Hi All,

Finally got a response from Roxio Tech Service that worked for my burning of HD DVD videos from iMovie

- Try burning the disc.

Was finally able to burn the projects I had created to disc and was recognized by my Blu-Ray player.

Good luck

• Like 1

Hello,

99% "stall" still occurs after updating configuration below on my Macbook Pro.

Hi All,

- Try burning the disc.

Good luck

• Like 1

Just a quick update. The previous fix from Roxio Tech Service worked for my video of 15 minutes. However, I am still having issues with the longer projects > 20 minutes.

I made the change described above for my HD DVD video (from a .mov file) and it worked the first time. Then I changed the "quality" under "settings" from "better" to "best" and it hit the 99% wall again and failed.

I also have had successful burns (.mov) files under 5mins. My current project 18:54min in length and hangs at 99%. I will make another attempt (later today) and include the "quality" setting change.

That's an interesting workaround -- I suspect, when burning Blu-Ray or HDDVD, that we'd better not have any other applications running that might otherwise cause a real buffer underrun, otherwise we're going to have pretty expensive coasters.

The only tangible workaround I was told to try was to run Toast 11.0.0. I'll get to try that this weekend.

Regards

Andy

Hi All,

- Try burning the disc.

Good luck

I know this is little bit "out there" but I was told at Best Buy today that they no longer carry blank Sony DVD+Rs because they weren't "finalizing" correctly. I wonder if this 99% problem falls in that category? I've been using Sony DVD+Rs while experiencing this problem. But I know that it is highly doubtful that this makes any difference.