• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

philiphotog

Stuck At 99%

Question

Aye, the perils of upgrading. Roxio- please take note. Looks like a bug.

Dropped in a MKV files to Toast 11 last night. No waiting for it to load up unlike Toast 10. I was thrilled.

However, after getting to 99%, Toast 11 says 00:00 remaining and it's been like this for two hours. There's no spinning wheel or non response. Just sitting there.

Is there a log file I can look at to see the status? Anyone else had this problem.

I downloaded Toast 11 today and then updated to 11.0.2. (Why is the original download not the latest version?) It froze at 99% when I tried to burn my first DVD from an MKV file.

Why it is necessary for Toast to convert the file during the burn if the target Blu-Ray player reads MKV files?

I downloaded Toast 11 today and then updated to 11.0.2. (Why is the original download not the latest version?) It froze at 99% when I tried to burn my first DVD from an MKV file.

Why it is necessary for Toast to convert the file during the burn if the target Blu-Ray player reads MKV files?

Try the 11.0.3 beta linked to near the top of the forum. Sorry, don't know answers to your questions.

Try the 11.0.3 beta linked to near the top of the forum. Sorry, don't know answers to your questions.

Thanks, but I've found that the best solution is to request a purchase refund, which I've done.

Can you answer the following?

Project: Was this blu-ray or high def DVD?

Video source: what kind of video, as much detail as possible (file type, length, other attributes). You said AVI, AVI is just a container. Was it DivX? XviD? Other?

thanks

Hi, My source file was an AVI container, DiVX 5.0 , 710 x 480 video, 29.97 FPS, length 03:26:33 (hh:mm:ss) 2315 Kbits/sec

MPEG Layer 3 Stereo Audio 48.000 KHz, and

I had the writing to a .toast disc image file hang doing BOTH a blue ray, and then I tried a HiDef DVD format to a DL DVD format .toast file instead, and it also hung.

Both at 99%. I let them sit overnight and nothing changed.

Thanks for your tryingi to help Patatrox.

I was having this issue with Toast 11 when I originally bought it about a month ago after installing OSX Lion. I have just updated to 11.0.6 this morning and am still having the same problem. I'm just trying to burn a Data DVD on a MacBook Pro.

Really poor form Roxio, all you previous Toasts' have been 'rock solid'.

Please bring us an updater or a free upgrade.

I am having same problem. Just upgraded Toast to v11 with latest update and it gets stuck at 99% making a disc and a disc image.

Making a Mac/PC disc.

It works fine with all the files expect the mac .app

Just wont burn it. Very stange.

went back to v 7 to get my project done.

Whats up Roxio?.....Roxio?.....Roxio?

I am having same problem. Just upgraded Toast to v11 with latest update and it gets stuck at 99% making a disc and a disc image.

Making a Mac/PC disc.

You can keep Toast 11.0.4 along with 11.0.6 by giving it a different name (I add the version name and the end of the file name). You also can turn off the update reminder in Toast preferences.

Making a Mac/PC disc.

Can you try this pre-release build of an upcoming update, this is a major update and although looks the same has a very different backend and internals.

thanks

Toast 11.1 Beta: http://db.tt/8i36EJKs

Note: Ignore the "update" message that appears when you launch it, if you choose to update it will just install the release version instead of letting you use the beta

Ahhh, good to know the real problems are being addressed. Let's hope the devs are on the right track. Ehmmm, welcome back Pat and Ivan, LTNS.

Ahhh, good to know the real problems are being addressed. Let's hope the devs are on the right track. Ehmmm, welcome back Pat and Ivan, LTNS.

Toast 11.1 was a major effort, and even though it may look similar it's essentially a completely rewritten version of Toast that was needed to move the product forward and resolve a number of shortcomings. For the geeks among you, all previous versions of Toast are Carbon, whereas 11.1 and higher are in Cocoa. ;)

However, I still need to get feedback from users who were having an issue with closing the disc or hanging at 99% before I create a new forum for a larger beta of this.

I have just purchased Toast v11.0.6 three days ago and my first attempt at burning a Data file to a CD stuck at 99%. Toast then became unresponsive when I tried to abort the burn. I had to force quit in order to eject my disc. I am very disappointed.

I have just purchased Toast v11.0.6 three days ago and my first attempt at burning a Data file to a CD stuck at 99%. Toast then became unresponsive when I tried to abort the burn. I had to force quit in order to eject my disc. I am very disappointed.

You've read through this thread so you also know you can download 11.1 beta and see if that fixes the problem for you. You also can go to Roxio's software updates page and download Toast 11.0.4 that didn't have this problem. Just rename your existing Toast 11.0.6 folder in your applications folder and you can have 11.0.4 as well as 11.0.6 and 11.1.

When Roxio finishes up 11.1 I believe its performance will be much better all around.

Thanks Tsante for the advice. As I have just purchased Toast 11.0.6 I have contacted support and have received a case nº. If they do not come back with a solution I will take your advice re. installing other versions.

You've read through this thread so you also know you can download 11.1 beta and see if that fixes the problem for you. You also can go to Roxio's software updates page and download Toast 11.0.4 that didn't have this problem. Just rename your existing Toast 11.0.6 folder in your applications folder and you can have 11.0.4 as well as 11.0.6 and 11.1.

When Roxio finishes up 11.1 I believe its performance will be much better all around.

...However, I still need to get feedback from users who were having an issue with closing the disc or hanging at 99% before I create a new forum for a larger beta of this.

I had the same "Stuck at 99%" problem with 11.0.6.

The 11.1.0a1 Beta does not exhibit the same problem.

Thanks.

I have just received an e-mail from Corel Customer Support with a link to http://corel.force.com/roxio/articles/en_US/Master_Article/000012637-Resolving-General-Burning-Issues-with-Macs which has nothing to do with this problem. I have replied and asked them to look at this thread. I think I may be asking for a miracle!

Thanks Tsante for the advice. As I have just purchased Toast 11.0.6 I have contacted support and have received a case nº. If they do not come back with a solution I will take your advice re. installing other versions.

Aye, the perils of upgrading. Roxio- please take note. Looks like a bug.

Dropped in a MKV files to Toast 11 last night. No waiting for it to load up unlike Toast 10. I was thrilled.

However, after getting to 99%, Toast 11 says 00:00 remaining and it's been like this for two hours. There's no spinning wheel or non response. Just sitting there.

Is there a log file I can look at to see the status? Anyone else had this problem.

I have the 99% problem also. and I can not add color to the DVD or CD, I am forced to use the 7 verse of toast which works great. I regret I paid for the 11 version. Do not buy this knew version if you do not want problems.

I don't understand "can not add color to the DVD or CD." What does that mean?

Support doesn't have a solution for this, the best advice right now is to use the 11.1 beta version I posted above.

I opened Toast today to do a bunch of archives and I was asked to update. I did so. Now I have a 99% disk stuck in my disk drive. Had never run into this problem before. Not a happy camper.

I have been in contact with Corel Support half a dozen times this week re. the 99% sticking problem and the problem with selecting YouTube videos in the Web Video Capture option and other problems in general connected to Toast 11.0.6. Although I have submitted detailed information on all aspects of what I have done, what I have used, steps taken etc, etc. I then get a reply asking for the same information I have already sent. I have also noticed that every signature on the Corel Support replies are Indian. I am now beginning to think that the Customer Support centre is based in India and unfortunately the personnel have difficulties understanding basic English and lack the knowledge to resolve anything. In one week I have achieved nothing other than go round and round in circles. Quite honestly I am now running out of patience!

@ Patatrox. Just to confirm I have installed the Toast Beta 11.1.0 and can burn a copy of data to cd without the application sticking at 99%. There was a problem with the verification of the copy which did not affect the playback. I also had a quick try at the Web Video Capture but still can not get this beta version to recognize YouTube videos although they are in the .flv format. Thanks for your help and at least some progress is being made.

Support doesn't have a solution for this, the best advice right now is to use the 11.1 beta version I posted above.

post-5708-029051400 1335950679.png

I just upgraded from 11.0.5 to 11.0.6 and now all burns stall at 99%. I cannot burn anything with 11.0.6. I am using a MacPro with 8 gig of ram running 10.7.3

@ Patatrox. Just to confirm I have installed the Toast Beta 11.1.0 and can burn a copy of data to cd without the application sticking at 99%. There was a problem with the verification of the copy which did not affect the playback. I also had a quick try at the Web Video Capture but still can not get this beta version to recognize YouTube videos although they are in the .flv format. Thanks for your help and at least some progress is being made.

Yes that's exactly what I see as well.

I am also having this problem of being stuck at 99%, using Version 11.0.6. I see these posts are from awhile ago it seems and Roxio still hasn't fixed this problem. Now that is pretty pathetic!!! I have purchased 5 versions of Toast and this might be the worst! It may seem to be related to what drive you are using I have a feeling. My old Formac single layer DVD drive (aka a Pioneer DVR105 mechanism) doesn't seem to exhibit the problem but my newer LaCie d2 double layer DVD drive does as did an Asus SBW-06d2X-U Blu-Ray recorder did as well. Not sure what to do at this point. Toast used to be my "GO TO" DVD/CD recording program but at this point not sure it is worth much unless I/Roxio can figure out how to make this problem go away! Very very frustrating and very disappointing!