• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

philiphotog

Stuck At 99%

Question

Aye, the perils of upgrading. Roxio- please take note. Looks like a bug.

Dropped in a MKV files to Toast 11 last night. No waiting for it to load up unlike Toast 10. I was thrilled.

However, after getting to 99%, Toast 11 says 00:00 remaining and it's been like this for two hours. There's no spinning wheel or non response. Just sitting there.

Is there a log file I can look at to see the status? Anyone else had this problem.

Not sure what to do at this point.

Either revert to using Toast 11.0.4 or use the 11.1 beta. If you don't have the former you can download it from Roxio's software updates page. The latter is in a post by patarox in this thread here..

Out of the blue this morning just started having the 99% issue. I had burned 5 dvd's last night no problems.

I tried reverting to earlier version, however the issue persists.

Only resolve was to use Apple Burn (folder) to get the very same files burned and that worked fine.

How do I completely remove Roxio Toast 11.0.6 from OSX LION?

How do I completely remove Roxio Toast 11.0.6 from OSX LION?

Trash the Toast application. Double click on your Mac's hard drive icon in the Finder and open the Library folder. Open the Application Support and Roxio folders. Trash the Toast Menu Styles folder. Option-click on the Go menu in the Finder and choose Library. Open the Preferences folder and trash the toast plist and prefs files.

After doing this, if you want to reinstall Toast you'll need to run its installer because otherwise you won't have the selection of DVD menus. If you don't trash the menus then you can simply copy the Toast application from a backup and not need to run the installer.

I'm not finding it necessary to remove Toast 11.0.6 in order to effectively run Toast 11.0.4 or the 11.1 beta. I don't get the 99% problem when I burn discs with either of those versions even though 11.0.6 is still in the applications folder.

This problem also seems to have come back in versions 11.0.5 and 11.0.6.

11.0.4 seems to work OK.

In addition I have discovered that 11.0.6 WILL burn some files on my system... And get stuck on others. The problem seems to be related to the content you are trying to burn.

I tried several tests to isolate what might be causing the issue. I tested for file size. File type. File names. File location. There does not seem to be any pattern. Some files simply don't burn while others work fine. Only reverting back to 11.0.4 has resolved the issue.

Edited by Fulgerite

OK... So I have isolated a particular file that demonstrates the 99% bug with 11.0.6 repeatably. The offending file is a software application that we are authorized to distribute legally. (The program is called Pano2VR.app.) Each time you attempt to burn this file with Toast 11.0.6 it will freeze at 99%. (You don't actually have to run this program to test burning it.) I have placed the file on a server for anyone to download and verify it does not burn.

See: http://www.panoscan.com/Pano2VR.zip

The file is zipped. To run your own test:

1. Download the file and unzip it onto any Mac running 10.7.3 with a fresh installation of Toast Titanium 11.0.6.

2. Launch Toast 11.0.6 and select the Data tab. Drag the Pano2VR.app into the data window.

3. Select CD ROM and click the burn button. (Insert a blank CD ROM as required.)

Watch & see how the burn freezes at 99%. You will have to force quit Toast to exit the program.

Now... Repeat the exact same test with Toast 11.0.4 and it will burn normally without any issues.

I hope some engineer at Roxio or Corel actually READ this post and try it. Hopefully this will help the engineers isolate the BUG.

Edited by Fulgerite

@ tsantee thanks

Just went back to original 11.0 installer and then did the 11.0.4 update. Seems to work fine at 11.0.4, at least I tested it on DVD-RW and it worked.

FWIW, the same thing happened to me: worked great yesterday; not today, despite reboots. Got the beta, and it works fine, I'm happy to say.

Well, except for the same thing that has plagued Toast since version ONE: the estimated time to burn is off by a factor of two. Not sure why this has been the case for, oh... 10 years now, but it has, through dozens of machines and OSen. You'd think that would be fixed by now, or at least a pref to multiply the time by 2x...

(As a programmer myself, I'm delighted to get a taste of the forthcoming 11.1. Thanks for bringing it into the modern world, folks! :-)

Well, looking at all these unanswered posts, it may be time to write off the product and the company. Too bad.

Many good software product have been left to die after an acquisition by a larger company.

• Like 1

@rmark. I only purchased Toast v.11.0.6 under a month ago and judging by it's performance and the pathetic Support I have received, I have to agree with you 100%. I have deleted 11.0.6 and installed 11.04 which so far has fewer problems. I am also using the beta version.

If there are new beta releases being created, then possible new company is making a commitment to continue product development. Might be good idea to wait to see what happens before writing off. Version 11.04 version is working fairly well for me in the meantime.

My trials and results while attempting to burn a Data DVD backup disc, Mac & PC.

Version 11.0.6

Burn hung at 99% - had to force quit, and shut off drive and repower drive to get the disk to eject. 3 failed burns. I also noticed that for dumb reason, DiscCatalogMaker RE had launched automatically in the background and I had to force quit that too.

Version 11.1.01a

It was recommended to install this beta version. Though the burn didn't hang at 99%, the Verification filed. 2 failed burns. DiscCatalogMaker RE again was launched automatically in the background.

Version 11.0.4

Two successful burns and verifications. This is the only version that worked for me.

Though 11.0.4 seemed to work, I'm still puzzled why DiscCatalogMaker RE was again automatically launched in the background (it was necessary to force quit it, again). I have never used or launched it on my own. Is it possible that it's causing the problem with Toast burns?

I sure hope that Roxio gets this all fixed soon. It seems that similar problems have existed for a few months.

Though 11.0.4 seemed to work, I'm still puzzled why DiscCatalogMaker RE was again automatically launched in the background (it was necessary to force quit it, again). I have never used or launched it on my own. Is it possible that it's causing the problem with Toast burns?

I sure hope that Roxio gets this all fixed soon. It seems that similar problems have existed for a few months.

With the update the Recorder settings preferences got changed. In the Recorder menu choose Recorder Settings and uncheck the box next to Catalog Disc Contents. That's what makes DiscCatalogMaker launch automatically.

I just wanted to also add I was having the same problem and reverting to 11.0.4 fixed my issue as well.

I lost my download link of toast 11 pro and I could not download it. as I can re-download all the information I have my order.

I lost my download link of toast 11 pro and I could not download it. as I can re-download all the information I have my order.

You can download everything contained is the standard version of Toast 11 from Roxio's Software Updates page. As for the extra Pro apps and Blu-ray plugin that's only available from the link Roxio sent you for the download. If you bought this recently I'm sure Corel's customer support can help you. Another option is to take advantage of Roxio's 30-day refund policy and then order it again.

My trials and results while attempting to burn a Data DVD backup disc, Mac & PC.

Version 11.0.6

Burn hung at 99% - had to force quit, and shut off drive and repower drive to get the disk to eject. 3 failed burns. I also noticed that for dumb reason, DiscCatalogMaker RE had launched automatically in the background and I had to force quit that too.

Version 11.1.01a

It was recommended to install this beta version. Though the burn didn't hang at 99%, the Verification filed. 2 failed burns. DiscCatalogMaker RE again was launched automatically in the background.

Version 11.0.4

Two successful burns and verifications. This is the only version that worked for me.

I'm getting the same results. One curiosity is that with 11.1.0a, when I got the "Verification failed" on a previously used TDK DVD+RW, I retried the burn on an new TDK DVD+RW, and the verification failed at exactly the same place (byte 0/sector 1004701) on both the new and used DVD. I'd say that rules out any problem with the disk surface, etc. This happened on the first disk of a 3-disk spanned backup (splitting files across DVDs not permitted). This gave me absolutely no confidence whatsoever that the spanned backup would work, but I didn't actually try it out.

I'm back with 11.0.4 now.

One step forward, two steps back... The Toast 11 waltz.

11.0.6 was working fine for me, now I suddenly have this 99% bug when burning data CDs. Reverting to 11.0.4 seems to have fixed it. It's so sad that the 11.1 beta was posted 5 months ago and still hasn't made it's way to a final release.

Roxio, have you given up on Toast? :(

Roxio, have you given up on Toast? :(

I've asked them that and the insist an almost entirely rewritten 11.1 is coming any day. And that isn't the end, either. I just don't know how long the days are in Roxioland. I think they are on a planet that spins much slower than Earth.

Guest ivanatrox

Hi all,

Toast 11.1 is available now through in app update and it should address the 99% burning issue everyone encountered in 11.0.6.

Please apply the update and let us know if it resolves the issue for you.

Thanks!

Ivan

• Like 1

Hi all,

I am using 11.1 and tried to create a Bluray image (not burning directly). After 15 hours working on a 21GB video it was stuck at 100%

Apparently there is no solution yet to this pre-historic problem ? Has any of you filed a bug report with Roxio ?

Sorry this happened. Are you using Toast 11.1 (1072) or 11.1 (1067)? If the latter use the check for updates command to get (1072). Another tip: whenever doing a project that requires lengthy encoding choose Save as Disc Image instead of clicking the Burn button. That way you don't have to go through the encoding again if there is a problem with burning the disc. The resulting .toast file is burned to disc using the Image File setting in the Toast Copy window. I posted a link near the top of the forum for where to send bug reports to Roxio.

Thanks for responding. Yep, using latest version. As you can see in my original post I do create a disc image. I have reported the issue to Roxio, but don't expect much, given the fact this issue is already there for some time without them taking any action. I only get this standard reply: "Our product experts will investigate and determine if the issue warrants scheduling in a future update/release. We will contact you if more information is required."

In the meantime I am experimenting with a subset of the videos I originally planned to burn. My source files are master files, created in FCPX. In a test with 3 videos I had the "hang" problem. When I left out the second one, it went OK. SoI have recreated the master file in FCPX for video #2, did the test again and now it continues.

I now have a .toast file that I should be able to burn. Before that I would like to preview the file, though. I would expect Toast to have an option for that (like in iDVD) but that seems to be missing.

Does anybody have an idea how to preview a .toast (or BDMV) file including the generated menu's (so the way it would look after burning) ?

Edited by Dinky

Does anybody have an idea how to preview a .toast (or BDMV) file including the generated menu's (so the way it would look after burning) ?

Almost. After mounting a Blu-ray disc image open Roxio Video Player from the Toast Extras menu. This lets you play the video titles. There is a button on the right half of the play bar area that you click to select different titles. The last one in the list (or the last several if there are multiple pages to the menu) is the menu. It is inactive but you at least can view how it looks.