• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

v7.5 storyboard freezing up

Weasel

Question

I am about to shoot my computer if I don't get help with this problem. I have made quite a few dvd's on this program and now that I have a 50 wedding anniversary to do, it is not working properly. When I go to the storyboard component and try to drag the pics down to the panels, it freezes and will not go on after dragging one or two pictures. I have reinstalled this program and it still does not work. :) HHHHEEEELLLPPP!

7 answers to this question

I have a suggestion that might not help with your exact problem but will definitely help you drag and drop your pictures to the Story Board. (And possibly might be your problem). When you grab one of the photos you want to drag to one of the Storyboard squares, just drag it down on the right side of the panel area and drop it in that row, instead of trying to drag it to the actual square you want it to be in. No matter what slide you are working on the photo will automatically drop in the next available empty square.

When I first installed my 7.5 program, every once in a while the program would freeze. Not always, but every so often. When I started dragging my photos as suggested above, I never had the problem again. There might have been another reason why, but I always attributed it to the way I was dragging and dropping the photos to the Storyboard.

Another thing that you might have experienced is if you have a whole bunch of photos in the area you are dragging from and there is one way down under what you can see, and you try and use the slider to get to it, the program will also sometimes freeze. To stop that from happening, there is a small Icon at the top of that area that will select ALL of the photos. Click on it and then you will be able to slide down to any single photo you want very quickly. When you click on that particular one, it will be the only one that will stay lit for dragging to the Storyboard.

Just a few suggestions to help with setting up your production.

Frank....

I have a suggestion that might not help with your exact problem but will definitely help you drag and drop your pictures to the Story Board. (And possibly might be your problem). When you grab one of the photos you want to drag to one of the Storyboard squares, just drag it down on the right side of the panel area and drop it in that row, instead of trying to drag it to the actual square you want it to be in. No matter what slide you are working on the photo will automatically drop in the next available empty square.

Frank....

Since I am still plagued by this problem myself somewhat from time to time, I'll add this to my list of "things to try to avoid a hang" too.

Thank you Frank

Guest mlpasley

A little more information please......

Are all the photos from the same source?

Have you defragmented your hard drive lately?

You could also try just adding one picture to the storyboard in the Storyboard view. Then finish up the production but do not burn it to a DVD.

Instead, open up (edit) the production in VideoWave and see if you can add the pictures.

If you still cannot add the pictures by editing the production in VideoWave, then we need to take a closer look at the source of those pictures.

Yes, I have defragmented my drive and the pictures come from ones I have scanned. I framed them using microsoft digital image 10. I have done this the same way with all of my productions. I have to press control-alt-delete to actually get out of the program. The only thing I did differently was I have a new version of norton systemworks 2006. hmmmmm. Thanks for your help!

Using the Microsoft Digital software has caused many problems with other postsers. Output those image files to another format if you can. It seems the Microsoft format is proprietary in nature.

I know that there were others who have had the same problem and found a fix. I hope that they stop in and offer some better guidance than what I have said.

Yes, I have defragmented my drive and the pictures come from ones I have scanned. I framed them using microsoft digital image 10. I have done this the same way with all of my productions. I have to press control-alt-delete to actually get out of the program. The only thing I did differently was I have a new version of norton systemworks 2006. hmmmmm. Thanks for your help!

I am about to shoot my computer if I don't get help with this problem. I have made quite a few dvd's on this program and now that I have a 50 wedding anniversary to do, it is not working properly. When I go to the storyboard component and try to drag the pics down to the panels, it freezes and will not go on after dragging one or two pictures. I have reinstalled this program and it still does not work. :) HHHHEEEELLLPPP!

Weasel,

I am having a similar problem. After a few minutes in VideoWave my cursor changes to the hour glass. I can move it around the window, but cannot perform any functions other than a warning box save when I close out by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the window. One other odd thing--I cannot get back into VideoWave after closing out unless I reboot my computer. I too, suspect Norton as well--as I started having trouble right after upgrading my anti-virus software. I have tried multiple reinstalls and tried to download updates to EMC 7.5 to no avail.

Hopefully, someone out there has a solution, as my program is really worthless right now.

Weasel,

I am having a similar problem. After a few minutes in VideoWave my cursor changes to the hour glass. I can move it around the window, but cannot perform any functions other than a warning box save when I close out by clicking the X in the upper right corner of the window. One other odd thing--I cannot get back into VideoWave after closing out unless I reboot my computer. I too, suspect Norton as well--as I started having trouble right after upgrading my anti-virus software. I have tried multiple reinstalls and tried to download updates to EMC 7.5 to no avail.

Hopefully, someone out there has a solution, as my program is really worthless right now.

Norton is not as top notch a program as Symantec touts it to be, regarded as many as poorly written but unfortunately you need it. Some people out there recommend a different program. Personally I'm switching to F-Secure, but in the meantime, I've always disabled Norton (and spysweeper) while working on computing intensive programs (while off-line of course).

But as to Videowave, you shouldn't have to reboot. Just open your taskmanager and end the videowave process. You should be able to go back into videowave from the homescreen. And it's always a good idea to save and save often while working on your project. You're far from alone in the situation where "I've had no problem for months or more then suddenly, the program continually hangs...for no reason". Search the boards and you'll see many times there have been solutions, but sometimes, you'll find there's no solution other than to use a "workaround".

The "save immediately" tactic (and save often) should help to make the program more usable again in the meantime.

It also wouldn't hurt if you were to list your computer specs, with all info about hardware components so as to help the gurus determine whether or not there's some sort of solution that may work for you so that you won't have to resort to using the "workaround".

Hang in there, eventually the suggestions will start to get posted for you to try.

good luck

Archived