• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Service Pack 1

Phantom Flyer

Question

Hi

First time here. Anyway I've had the creator 2011 program for about a month and used it a couple times. Last time I used it a window popped up saying there was a service pack 1 update so I clicked on it to update and when done it said to restart computer. I believe this was on 03/12/2011. After restart it appears that every file and folder that I put on my computer from 01/03/2011 to 03/12/2011 is gone. I've searched my hard drive and they just are not here. Just wondering if anyone out there has had anything like this happen? Thanks for any replies.

5 answers to this question

Have you checked your hard drive for errors using your OS? Have you tried to restore the computer to an eariler time? Do you have any back ups?

I am running Windows 7 and when this happened it also took away all restore points making it like a new install. Unfortunately I have no backups.

Simply stated it was not the Roxio SP…

It really sounds like your HDD is on the edge of failure and you just happened to be installing Roxio’s SP at the time.

There is NOTHING in the SP that is going to go in and do all the magic you describe!

Backup NOW and then start exploring to find the actual cause ;)

Hi

First time here. Anyway I've had the creator 2011 program for about a month and used it a couple times. Last time I used it a window popped up saying there was a service pack 1 update so I clicked on it to update and when done it said to restart computer. I believe this was on 03/12/2011. After restart it appears that every file and folder that I put on my computer from 01/03/2011 to 03/12/2011 is gone. I've searched my hard drive and they just are not here. Just wondering if anyone out there has had anything like this happen? Thanks for any replies.

I did not experience what you are describing when I installed the SP. All the files and folders? Just the ones associated with Roxio?

I did not experience what you are describing when I installed the SP. All the files and folders? Just the ones associated with Roxio?

All the files are gone. Folders with pictures , documents , any software installed between those dates are gone. Including the Roxio software.

All the files are gone. Folders with pictures , documents , any software installed between those dates are gone. Including the Roxio software.

Have you checked your hard drive for errors using your OS? Have you tried to restore the computer to an eariler time? Do you have any back ups?

Archived