Sign in to follow this  
imokb1

Edit Video

Question

Upon launching "Edit Video"...a lock-down occurs...I don't have any function and to "close" Edit Video, I have to Control/Alt Delete...just to close the application!!! Do you have an answer? :)

9 answers to this question

Upon launching "Edit Video"...a lock-down occurs...I don't have any function and to "close" Edit Video, I have to Control/Alt Delete...just to close the application!!! Do you have an answer? :)

:huh: Yes, but it may not work with your computer. That's a hint to post your computer specs, including how much free space on your hard drives. But try this, don't use "Edit Video". On the home page, go to applications and select VideoWave. Does that open? Please come back and post the information.

:) Yes, but it may not work with your computer. That's a hint to post your computer specs, including how much free space on your hard drives. But try this, don't use "Edit Video". On the home page, go to applications and select VideoWave. Does that open? Please come back and post the information.

I went the route that you suggested and experienced the same lockdown. Only 2 months ago I was using Edit Video successfully...no problem at all...now it locks down...I have an HP Pavilion Athlon Processor 3500+, 2.9 Ghz, 950 mb ram, 224 GB HD with 94 gb of "free" space.

I went the route that you suggested and experienced the same lockdown. Only 2 months ago I was using Edit Video successfully...no problem at all...now it locks down...I have an HP Pavilion Athlon Processor 3500+, 2.9 Ghz, 950 mb ram, 224 GB HD with 94 gb of "free" space.

Have you tried Windows>Start>Settings> Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs> Roxio EMC 8>Change> Repair? Also try updating/reinstalling the drivers for your video card/chips from the HP site.

Have you tried Windows>Start>Settings> Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs> Roxio EMC 8>Change> Repair? Also try updating/reinstalling the drivers for your video card/chips from the HP site.

I did a "System Restore" and it now works! However, now I have to go back and reinstall some software purchased after the restore point.

What software do you have to reinstall? It might be a good idea to do them one at a time and check to see if the problem comes back after each one, that way at least you will know which is causing the problem. :)

Very good suggestion Patty. The process of elimination usually works if done correctly.

Frank.....

Very good suggestion Patty. The process of elimination usually works if done correctly.

Frank.....

And it will be very helpful if the OP comes back and posts what software caused the problem. It may help other folks, but somehow, I get the feeling that that won't happen. :)

Edited by grandpabruce

You're right Bruce. Once they solve their problem they are gone like the wind until they have another problem. :)

Frank....

You're right Bruce. Once they solve their problem they are gone like the wind until they have another problem. :D

Frank....

It would, of course, be nice to hear back, :) however, I guess "No news is good news". :huh: