• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Slow Response

T-MAN

Question

It seems that no matter which program I run, I'm getting really slow response from the software. It took nearly 9 hours to create a DVD (which my player failed to recognize, of course) and it's taken nearly two hours to create a slide show (heavily delayed by the photo imports). I don't have a slow machine (P4, 3.0Ghz, HT, 1GB RAM) so I really shouldn't see this kind of performance lag. Has anyone else had this issue and, if so, what did you do about it?

2 answers to this question

It seems that no matter which program I run, I'm getting really slow response from the software. It took nearly 9 hours to create a DVD (which my player failed to recognize, of course) and it's taken nearly two hours to create a slide show (heavily delayed by the photo imports). I don't have a slow machine (P4, 3.0Ghz, HT, 1GB RAM) so I really shouldn't see this kind of performance lag. Has anyone else had this issue and, if so, what did you do about it?

It does seem like you have problems and a system most able to handle it. What file type did you use in your DVD?

Make sure your system is defragged and a junky hard drive can slow things down tho, not that much.

If this is a relatively new install, Media Manager could be slowing your computer down while it catalogs your files. You can turn it off in the running programs at the bottom task bar. If you do the CTRL-ALT_DEL, and look at processes, what is taking up all your CPU power? It may also be the proxy file manager. I don't have a cure for that but eventually it does go away.

Archived