Sign in to follow this  
eng3ine

need help!

Question

Ok. I downloaded emc 8 yesterday and used it for a while with no problems. Then after using it I went and removed the My DVD le that came installed on the system. Well, today I was finishing working on my dvd and ( it did this twice) when I got to the same exact point in the project my system went haywire and said it had to shut down due to the driver being stuck in an infinite loop. I don't know if it was because I removed dvd le or there is a problem with the emc 8 that I downloaded.

8 answers to this question

Ok. I downloaded emc 8 yesterday and used it for a while with no problems. Then after using it I went and removed the My DVD le that came installed on the system. Well, today I was finishing working on my dvd and ( it did this twice) when I got to the same exact point in the project my system went haywire and said it had to shut down due to the driver being stuck in an infinite loop. I don't know if it was because I removed dvd le or there is a problem with the emc 8 that I downloaded.

Have you tried a repair install? While I'm not sure if removing the LE version caused your problem, I would have removed it first.

Have you tried a repair install? While I'm not sure if removing the LE version caused your problem, I would have removed it first.

That's what I think Im gonna try to do now. Im just scared to try to run it again because the message that came up on my screen from windows said it was shutting down to prevent damage to my system.

Can't figure out how to do a repair install. Any help??

Edited by eng3ine

That's what I think Im gonna try to do now. Im just scared to try to run it again because the message that came up on my screen from windows said it was shutting down to prevent damage to my system.

Can't figure out how to do a repair install. Any help??

It should work the same with the download version but I have no experience with it. In Control Panel go to Add/Remove programs then go to Roxio EMC8 and click Change. The install wizard will come up and choose Repair.

post-79-1153882192.jpg

It won't let me repair install. It says something about redirecting or find the folder the program is in or some crap. Is there any way I can fix this. :)

It won't let me repair install. It says something about redirecting or find the folder the program is in or some crap. Is there any way I can fix this. :huh:

It has a popup that comes up during the repair install that says The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

It won't let me repair install. It says something about redirecting or find the folder the program is in or some crap. Is there any way I can fix this. :)

It has a popup that comes up during the repair install that says The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.

Is there any way I can do this when I don't have the disc? The version I have is the downloaded one.

Isn't the downloaded file still on your computer? It can be used again. You should save it to a disc anyway for safe keeping. Uninstall the software and remove any Roxio directories left over and then reinstall.