Slideshow out of order

Kay

Question

I have been working for several weeks on a slide show of 1200 pictures from Africa vacation using Vedio Wave to combine photos from two cameras togeter. I have saved the show several times and reopended to continue working on picture order without any problem combining pictures until this morning. Today I opened my work to find the pictures appear in the story line to be in order but when you click through the order all of a sudden there is picture you click on to open but is the next picture in order and not the one you are trying to open. Where the first occurance took place there was a duplicated slide one of which was correct when opened the other was the next picture in line, not the correct slide. From that point on the pictures are one off in sequence until later in order it happens again. Has anyhone had this happen to them and is there anyway to correct problem. I have tried deleteing deleting the duplicated slide but that has no effect on the order.

Kay

10 answers to this question

Are you really trying to put 1200 pictures into that single slideshow? Assuming that you are using a standard DVD with 60 minutes at best quality that allows only 3 seconds per photo! Nobody wants to watch a slideshow shooting by that fast. Even if you were to reduce the quality to get 2 hours on the DVD you would only have 6 scenes for each photo. And you have not even added any transitions, effects or audio!

I would recommend that you limit your slideshow to 300-400 pics per DVD.

Do you have all 1200 photos loaded when you have your problem? Have you tried to duplicate the problem with a smaller slideshow of say only 100 pics.?

Everyone seems to be missing the problem what is causeing the pictures to change order and is there a way to get them back into the right order. As I've stated before, looking at the production all seems to be ok but at a point it duplicates a slide then the next picture you click on is not the same picture you are trying to open up. Yes I realize there are alot of pictures and I will par them down but still after hours of work it looks like I will have to start all over again. The only other answer is to renumber all pictures from each camera again. Roxio is supposed to be the best program out there to do this sort of thing, in my opion it sucks big time and there is very little if any support from Roxio.

Everyone seems to be missing the problem what is causeing the pictures to change order and is there a way to get them back into the right order. As I've stated before, looking at the production all seems to be ok but at a point it duplicates a slide then the next picture you click on is not the same picture you are trying to open up. Yes I realize there are alot of pictures and I will par them down but still after hours of work it looks like I will have to start all over again. The only other answer is to renumber all pictures from each camera again. Roxio is supposed to be the best program out there to do this sort of thing, in my opion it sucks big time and there is very little if any support from Roxio.

When you say that all appears to be in order, what do you mean? You look at all of the slides, and they seem to be in the right order?

When you deleted a slide, how did you delete it? I ran into a problem in Version 7.0, where if I just delete the slide, and the rest moved together automatically, I had a similar problem. I would click on a picture, and the next picture showed up.

As best that I can recall, here is what I did. When I wanted to remove a photo from the slide show, I right clicked on it, and hit delete. I got a prompt asking me if I wanted to delete the transition following the panel. I clicked No, and it left a blank panel. I then clicked on the next picture, held the Shift key down, and clicked on the last panel of the production. I then dragged the "set" to the blank panel, and that solved my problem.

I don't remember if that is the actual way I did it. It was 2 years ago, and I still do it that way now, and have not had a problem in the past 2 years. I don't know if this will help you, but you could give it a try.

When you say that all appears to be in order, what do you mean? You look at all of the slides, and they seem to be in the right order?

When you deleted a slide, how did you delete it? I ran into a problem in Version 7.0, where if I just delete the slide, and the rest moved together automatically, I had a similar problem. I would click on a picture, and the next picture showed up.

As best that I can recall, here is what I did. When I wanted to remove a photo from the slide show, I right clicked on it, and hit delete. I got a prompt asking me if I wanted to delete the transition following the panel. I clicked No, and it left a blank panel. I then clicked on the next picture, held the Shift key down, and clicked on the last panel of the production. I then dragged the "set" to the blank panel, and that solved my problem.

I don't remember if that is the actual way I did it. It was 2 years ago, and I still do it that way now, and have not had a problem in the past 2 years. I don't know if this will help you, but you could give it a try.

I tried your suggestion and it did not work. I think I now know what caused the problem but I doubt if there is a fix for it. It seems I imported the first picture that was duplicated from a 3rd camera source which has a totally different file system. Pictures from my cameras have a file name like IMG_0201.JPG and the third cameras file name is PICT0371. When I imported that picture into storyboard it attempted to change the file name by adding the JPG extention and from that point on the pictures are wrong. The picture I open is the next one in the story board. I have tried several ways to delete and restore pictures but it doesn't change the way they open up out of order. I now think the only thing for me to do is start from scratch and relabel each picture in the order I want them to appear in the slide show unless someone has another idea.

Clear the proxy file by going to tools/options. Wait until it rebuilds. With that many slides, it will take several minutes. Try working on your slide show again.

I have been working for several weeks on a slide show of 1200 pictures from Africa vacation using Vedio Wave to combine photos from two cameras togeter. I have saved the show several times and reopended to continue working on picture order without any problem combining pictures until this morning. Today I opened my work to find the pictures appear in the story line to be in order but when you click through the order all of a sudden there is picture you click on to open but is the next picture in order and not the one you are trying to open. Where the first occurance took place there was a duplicated slide one of which was correct when opened the other was the next picture in line, not the correct slide. From that point on the pictures are one off in sequence until later in order it happens again. Has anyhone had this happen to them and is there anyway to correct problem. I have tried deleteing deleting the duplicated slide but that has no effect on the order.

Kay

Are you using the slideshow wizard? There have been some odd behavior with the wizard. Once the slideshow has been added to the Storyboard/Timeline, you should be able to rearrange the images as you like.

No I am not using slideshow wizard, I have been using VideoWave 8 in storyline. As posted before this is the only way to combine pictures from two different sorces with different file extentions into one slideshow/DVD video according to Roxio Tech support. In storyline viewing images they are in the order I placed them in but now I have the problem discussed above. Even if I delete images I can't get the order back into sequence.

I've never worked with so many images and haven't seen this problem. If you delete an image, the rest should just move to close the gap and they should stay in order.

That's not the case, when I delete a picture the next one still does not corispond with the picture I'm opening up. The picture I'm opening is not the same one that opens up. Is there any phone number for Roxio Tech Support that you know of?

Kay

Are you really trying to put 1200 pictures into that single slideshow? Assuming that you are using a standard DVD with 60 minutes at best quality that allows only 3 seconds per photo! Nobody wants to watch a slideshow shooting by that fast. Even if you were to reduce the quality to get 2 hours on the DVD you would only have 6 scenes for each photo. And you have not even added any transitions, effects or audio!

I would recommend that you limit your slideshow to 300-400 pics per DVD.

Do you have all 1200 photos loaded when you have your problem? Have you tried to duplicate the problem with a smaller slideshow of say only 100 pics.?

Archived