• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

You Must Install Roxio Creator 2011 Before Installing The Content

RoxioSucks2

Question

4 answers to this question

Roxio Creator 2011 installs sucessful but, when trying to install content it does not install becuase it does not reqconize creator 2011 is installed.

I have tried rebooting and re-installing (twice) and had no success. Roxio support is a joke.....They don't do trouble shooting, they just give you a couple of things to either load (software previously loaded on my PC) or clean-up task. It's amazing a product can be developed and sold and yet it does not have the ability, the intelligence to install it self or even worst, it cannot recognize one of its sister components was already installed. What a waste of time. I am now seeking a refund; this product does not do what was described in the advertisement and I suspect this is just the beginning of discovering problems with the Roxio product. Do not get sucked in like me..............

I have tried rebooting and re-installing (twice) and had no success. Roxio support is a joke.....They don't do trouble shooting, they just give you a couple of things to either load (software previously loaded on my PC) or clean-up task. It's amazing a product can be developed and sold and yet it does not have the ability, the intelligence to install it self or even worst, it cannot recognize one of its sister components was already installed. What a waste of time. I am now seeking a refund; this product does not do what was described in the advertisement and I suspect this is just the beginning of discovering problems with the Roxio product. Do not get sucked in like me..............

There is a good chance that the program did not install properly and therefore some registry items are no there to let the content know that the program is installed. This is typical when the program is installed with the anti-virus active.

I assume that your computer is up to date as discussed here. If it is, turn off your anti-virus (not just pause it) put the program disc in your drive and select to repair when the options load.

yep, vista current as well as all drivers. Also, I ensure anti-virus is turned-off before installing. Your suggestion about the registry not being correct is the best idea I have heard after talking to ROXIO over the last couple of weeks. It would be nice for ROXIO to provide what keys CONTENT looks at to determine if ROXIO 2011 was installed.

Archived