• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Crashing - 2011 Creator Pro

2011Creator-will it work

Question

I have not ever been able to run previews, open pictures, or save in Videowave correctly with Roxio Creator 2011 without a system error ..

I purchased a brand new computer and purchased Roxio Creator 2011 Pro to ensure I had the latest software that would be compatible with Windows 7.

The install appeared to go well. When I went to save my first video (simply one black panel), a window popped up to install a critical patch within Roxio, so I clicked through to proceed with it. It took me out of Roxio completely, but seemed to save my production. I then tried to bring in a DV However I have been unable to create, add to the existing production, add pictures, or save a video. I was getting something such as A problem occured, Videowave had to shut down - but each time adding a new production out there.. I attempted several times, including shutting down and rebooting. I looked in the forum and there was something about the registry values perhaps being messed up due to firewall. So, I uninstalled everything Roxio (Roxio Pro, Photoshow, Cineplayer). I reinstalled with anti virus and firewall OFF. Once again, I tried to create a new production. It opens Videowave. When I try to add a black panel, then save, I got the critical software patch pop up box, so I installed it, which took me out of Roxio. Now when I got back in, I saw that Production 5 was available to edit. One of the questions I have is - even though I deleted Roxio and reinstalled, there must be some table that resides out there? It did not show me the Production 1 thru 4 were available that I attempted to create before the reinstall. But that's not my biggest question - which is - WHY DOESN"T THIS WORK. When I am in the Videowave software after the install, it does not display an error, but simply shuts down Videowave when attempting any action. Any help would be appreciated. It should NOT be minimum system requirements not met, nor antivirus / firewall, nor IE 9. Terribly disappointed. Other installations with all other non-Roxio products went without a problem. Please assist as I have $$$ and many hours poured into this. Thank you.

My system:

Gateway

DX4320

AMD Phenom II x4 829 Processor 2.8 GHZ

6 GB memory

Windows 7 Home Premium

ATI Radeon HD 4250 Graphics

IE 8 (8.0.7600.163.85)

Free space 749 GB out of 1 TB total

Please Assist if you can... thanks....

4 answers to this question

I went into Event viewer and found an application error for each time it closed:

Faulting application name: VideoWave13.exe, version: 8.0.0.47, time stamp: 0x4c776a48

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16695, time stamp: 0x4cc7ab86

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Again, I have Windows 7 64 bit. Does this help figure out the problem by seeing what dll it is getting hung up on?

Hi,

I thought I would add to this topic even though its very old, and after I got the same problem and found VERY little information on this I thought I would add my fix for the issue. It took a long time of trial and error to find this solution so even if it helps one person that good for me!

So after a long time, and a lot of de-install / re-installs this was the simple fix:

Go to the Local Services (Windows 7) and stop the "Roxio SAIB Service", then start VideoWave.

Thats it! I get the impresion the problem is only some form of setup on first run, and hence the service can be restarted after this initial stop and run of the program. I get errors about not being able to dock various windows because of my low resolution, so maybe its associated with that.

Hope this helps someody else,

John

What does the critical update say? Are you sure it is from Roxio? Go to the top of this forum to the support tab and hover over it. You will see the option to install updates. There is a service pack 1 for Creator 2011 and a critical update for CinepLayer to allow you to continue to play blu-ray discs.

You may be getting that second update for CinePlayer. Open just Cineplayer and search for an update, install it. This should get rid of that notification. Turn off your anti-virus and install SP1.

I went into Event viewer and found an application error for each time it closed:

Faulting application name: VideoWave13.exe, version: 8.0.0.47, time stamp: 0x4c776a48

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16695, time stamp: 0x4cc7ab86

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Again, I have Windows 7 64 bit. Does this help figure out the problem by seeing what dll it is getting hung up on?

Thanks for the reply about the SP1. I only included that to give the sequence of events. That is not the problem.

My real issue is the Videowave does not work - which is the whole reason I bought the product. It closes after about 10 seconds, even if I don't do any action, just simply opened it!!! I have gone the direct x route (have the latest- when I tried insalling 9c, said something to effect that it will be going to a previous version), graphics card driver (have the latest), changed hardware to software in the tools section of Roxio, reinstalled Roxio, 'repaired' Roxio trying once with the disk, another time via control panel program - all the while with antivirus turned off. Nothing.

What else can I possibly try before giving up on Roxio forever, and making sure friends and family do not make the same mistake?

As mentioned, the computer is new - owned it less than a month surely meets minimum requirements. Could it be the Roxio cannot handle the latest functionality even though it is the latest version out? I'm thinking Roxio needs some additional releases to handle the influx of problems regarding this instead of explaining to their paid customers that it is their problem with their system.

I am guessing I will be able to pick up another video program from another vendor and run with it with no problems. A shame that money and time was poured into this.

Archived